Why Do People With Black Bikes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
My black bike just got fettled completely, including servicing the bottom bracket, and is ready for spring. It is very clean now too. I just took it for a quick shake down spin. I even snapped a picture to prove it. I clean my black bike AT LEAST once a year. ;)

IMG_20150331_194514_zpstpyihis3.jpg
Chain on small ring.

Oh dear.

RWright

Guru
Difficult to see, from the low light pic, but that cassette and chain is also black...

It was late evening. But I did get another one, just in case. It is a little better :smile:

IMG_20150331_194754_zpsuw8kpx75.jpg

lulubel

Über Member
The frame on my black mountain bike, and all other non-moving parts, are intentionally kept filthy. And don't comment on the state of my expensive Ortbieb panniers.

I hope anyone seeing it locked up outside the shops will figure it looks so scruffy it isn't worth nicking.

The Surly is generally somewhat cleaner.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
After cleaning my bike to within an inch of it's life the other day there, I went out today to do things on it and it was filthy!!

I was applying some scratch remover to it (which tuned out to be a complete waste of time as it never worked - The scratches (which were most probably caused by 'clipless moments') were obviously too much for it, meaning I had to fall back on the Turtlewax equivalent which was more like boot polish!), and noticed how tatty it looked, even thought it was clean.

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yebbut, it is dry and reasonably warm here at the moment....So where did it come from?

Top Bottom