Why Do People With Black Bikes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tojo

Über Member
No it is just I saw something similar in H*lfords, but only from another manufacturer, and for vehicles in general. It cost £26, so I was curious, but as he got it as a present, we will never know (unless I actually look it up if I can be bothered before I go to bed here).

Forgetting all the Branded cycling dedicated cleaners, I was just trying to say its better to keep your bike clean as it will pay off in the long run, a lot of products I use to clean bikes I buy from the local pound shop, at the end of the day, I find that degreaser IS degreaser whatever the brand......:whistle:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
**** Sake, that is expensive!!

Apparently this is better (although for Carbon Fibre, I don't know).

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/collinite-476s-super-doublecoat-auto-wax/prod_207.html

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Forgetting all the Branded cycling dedicated cleaners, I was just trying to say its better to keep your bike clean as it will pay off in the long run, a lot of products I use to clean bikes I buy from the local pound shop, at the end of the day, I find that degreaser IS degreaser whatever the brand......:whistle:

I agree, which is why I am playing about with other products to see what works

bpsmith

Veteran
Collinite = Marmite in the car detailing world. Some love it, some hate it.

There are varying grades and prices in their range.

Good results, but the downside is that it's allegedly a bugger to buff off.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I have a mat black Planet X and I only have to ride it 100m and it looks like it's spent 6 months buried in a field....

Still looks better than one of those ridiculous gaudy harlequin paintjobs beloved by the likes of @vickster :smile:

My matt black PX is the dirtiest bike I've ever had & even a mate has commented that he's never seen a road bike throw up so much crud :blush: That said its pretty damn clean at the moment, but won't last, it even gets dirty riding it on clean dry roads :wacko:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I do try to keep mine clean. Here it is. I know the pump doesn't look great but those roadmorphs are too big to carry anywhere else

20150330_103906.jpg

bpsmith

Veteran
Ooooohh Errrrrr!!

Seriously though, it is only difficult if you leave it on too long apparently.
Or apply it too thickly. The answer is thin coats, and apply in the shade, so it is the easiest possible to buff off. I know someone, with detailing experience, that has confirmed that it is the trickiest to buff of any waxes he has used.

U

User6179

Don`t we start sentences with capital letters on this forum or were you so keen to troll that you forgot such details?

Anyway this thread is about black (especially matt) bikes never being cleaned. Now go put on the second SLF album and relive the disappointment.

Sorry , did not realise you have had a sense of humour bypass :hello:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Or apply it too thickly. The answer is thin coats, and apply in the shade, so it is the easiest possible to buff off. I know someone, with detailing experience, that has confirmed that it is the trickiest to buff of any waxes he has used.

This is West Central Scotland, the risk of it being too hot is about as small as a Midge's willy!

I would do it in the garage anyway, so nice and cool, but, I haven't yet bought anything, so this is all 'what ifs' at the moment

RWright

Guru
My black bike just got fettled completely, including servicing the bottom bracket, and is ready for spring. It is very clean now too. I just took it for a quick shake down spin. I even snapped a picture to prove it. I clean my black bike AT LEAST once a year. ;)

IMG_20150331_194514_zpstpyihis3.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom