Why Do People With Black Bikes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Squid lips

My merlin PR7 is washed and lubed at least 3 times a week as it is black all over , not for vanity reasons but I possibly live in the wettest part of the uk Kendal in the lakes , most of the local's to grow gills ffs , plus all the the crap on country roads don't help either

green1

Über Member
My merlin PR7 is washed and lubed at least 3 times a week as it is black all over , not for vanity reasons but I possibly live in the wettest part of the uk Kendal in the lakes , most of the local's to grow gills ffs , plus all the the crap on country roads don't help either
I used to be like you with my bikes and car, then I decided life was too 'kin short. Now they only get washed when something on them needs fixed.

sackville d

Veteran
Matt black and spotless.
008-jpg.29264.jpg

sackville d

Veteran
Nice chainset BTW, square taper does look better than this modern gear.

Getting a bit off topic SJ but it`s a DA7700 chainset which uses splined axles otherwise known as Octalink.
I do think it`s the best looking chainset out there and didn`t like the newer Shimano chainsets until the 9000 came along

mythste

Veteran
Mines filthy, I'll admit it. But it is a cross bike, and isn't it law that it has to have a certain thickness of 'crust' or it will be taken off me for not using it properly?

Amen.

Even though Ive got slippery slicks on. I was a bit premature swapping out the knobblies given the weather recently :sad:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Anyone with a clean bike I automatically assume do not ride there bike very often it it all and it's all for show #blackisfaster for the record,fact!

Top Bottom