Why Do People With Black Bikes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Mine rarely get dirty :whistle:

The Asgard unit provides protection from the elements, as my living room did previously :rolleyes:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
To offer some balance my white genesis flyer which I use for some commuting and locking up when out and about in London, has never been washed since I bought in new in 2008, so us dirty bar stewards come from all backgrounds, black and white^_^ . Actually mine still looks surprisingly white, must be all the British rain. Admittedly the bottom bracket area is a bit caked and its undoubtedly heavier, but I'm hoping its helping achieve an almost un-nickable status. Its grimy-ness has become a badge of honour now and I'm hoping to go a decade with no washing (not me, the bike!) and then maybe I'll see what lies beneath, could be a great frame protector all that c**p^_^

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Because I don't have a black bike! (yet) ^_^

Jimidh

Veteran
I try to use my black bike about 4 times per week - I certainly have better things to do than clean it every time it goes for a spin.

That said I do tend to give it a good clean at least once per week after my long weekend ride including degreasing and re-lubing.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
my black bike is matt black carbon, and for some reason only needs a quick hose to clean the crap off, whereas it's red alu older stablemate needs the full hose, muk-off and sponge treatment to get it looking even just mildly grubby…

Hyslop

Veteran
my black bike is matt black carbon, and for some reason only needs a quick hose to clean the crap off, whereas it's red alu older stablemate needs the full hose, muk-off and sponge treatment to get it looking even just mildly grubby…
Now Im glad you said that.Im looking at a new bike at the moment.One is matt black.I havent bought it and the moaning has already started from my miserable friends,wringing their hands and pulling faces.All with dirty red bikes by the way!

Top Bottom