Why do so many threads end up with arguements on them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think a lot are put off posting on here because it seems that certain ones are waiting to twist words and belittle the ops!Some come across and being all friendly and jovial but in reality there aim is to decipher the op's words and try to make themselves look clever by belittling the ops and going off the original topic.
For example on a few occasions i've had some kind of experience while out cycling that i'd like to post about,but the thought that some burk will be straight in there nitpicking and name calling puts me right off!:thumbsdown:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
OMG do I remember doing that lol but one has to say would you dare do that to Welsh dragon ?
You can't pull Dragons pigtails @stephec

Legend has it WD (wears a Syrup)
:whistle: :tongue: :whistle: ...

I take it all back :surrender:

Edited. Originally was to Ern1e - (see how easy it is to cause a kerfufle) ?

I was looking at the wrong box...

Err...

I'll get mi coat.

Last edited:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I think a lot are put off posting on here because it seems that certain ones are waiting to twist words and belittle the ops!Some come across and being all friendly and jovial but in reality there aim is to decipher the op's words and try to make themselves look clever by belittling the ops and going off the original topic.
For example on a few occasions i've had some kind of experience while out cycling that i'd like to post about,but the thought that some burk will be straight in there nitpicking and name calling puts me right off!:thumbsdown:
As a moderator - name calling is not on. Constructive criticism of what you/someone else did should be acceptable as long as it is polite.

We (the moderators) don't read all the threads - but if someone is being a total [insert insult of choice], then do report the post. We may not always agree with a complaint, but we do try our best to week out the kind of stuff that may put someone off posting in the future.

[/serious bit]

:blink:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
duty_calls.png

I had a huge ignore purge of people on here that annoy me ..now I just sit here typing to myself :addict:

Why can I only see posts 61 and 63?

gavgav

Guru
I have noticed this has become a regular feature on a lot of threads these days and hence why I really only contribute to the "your ride today" thread. People who can't deal with other peoples opinions, and have to resort to insults/arguments seems to be a common issue in society I'm afraid

Top Bottom