Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I have a car but petrol prices are ridiculous

• I enjoy cycling

• Something else

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

al78

Guru
skrx said:
1) I think everyone else is weird too. They'd rather sit on buses in traffic or take rush-hour trains instead of zipping along the backstreets.

It's not really that weird, it is human nature to try and get the most done for the least amount of physical effort, and motorised transport satisfies this for a lot of people. Also, some people generally do like driving and others have no interest in cycling at all (I think you need to have some interest in cycling to use it as a regular mode of transport in all but the most congested areas).

'cos I hate driving......

Jaguar

I get my exercise, and the bike gets me to where I want to go quicker than a car does (to school, stopping by newsagent, library, doctors, shops etc on the way, then to my allotment, then the scenic way home)

I enjoy the scenery too :smile:

Plax

Guru
Initially it was because I had enough of going to the gym after work (too tired, get home then can't be bothered going back out etc).

So I tried cycling to work as my running was dwindling due to my knees started to give me jip.

Basically I now cycle to work because I enjoy it, it provides exercise and it saves me a tincy wincy bit of petrol and wear & tear on the car.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Exercise enjoyment and I can eat pizza and drink guinness without ever having to set foot in a god awful soulless hellhole of sweaty strangers and MTV AKA a Gym

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
All of the above.

D

Deleted member 1258

I ticked two, I can't afford to run a car and I enjoy cycling.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
potsy said:
1-exercise
2-enjoyment
3-cost of fuel
Just doesn't feel right now taking the car,wish i'd done it years ago though.

2 - Enjoyment - get ye down the Track session......you don't have to be fast...it's fun/scarey/exhilarating.....do it...... just ride quick enough that you don't fall 'off' the track...hmmmmm who did that then...... (and I've ridden it a fair bit....) ;)

GrasB

Veteran
Why do I cycle into work... Because I wan't to nothing more than that, surel I do like riding & the exercise is nice but these are just reasons to justify my totally irrational want to cycle in.

gouldina

It's the quickest way for me to get to work (yup, London), it's good for me, it wakes me up and I get to see wildlife on the canal.

Top Bottom