Why do you cycle through the winter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drummerbod

Because nature is beautiful all year round and I don't want to miss it.

BrynCP

Über Member
I don't want to revert back to being a chubster.
Like the above because I don't want to put the 5 stone I lost back on, but also I get more fresh air out there on the bike than I ever did before and I actually enjoy it!

I started in November last year, so it doesn't make much difference to me, although it is slightly colder this year! Must admit this week I haven't got out at all but that's because I have been working 12+ hours a day!

Sara_H

Guru
I haven't ridden to work once this week, for various reasons, though the nasty weather made the choice easier.
It reminded me though, how much I hate catching the bus and how expensive it is too.

ClassicLime

I don't mind the wet & cold (unless it's icy), it's the darkness that's gets to me and puts a stop to evening rides after work.

The thought of cycling quiet country lanes doesn't appeal so much when when it's pitch black & I can't see the scenery. Maybe I should invest in some superpowerful lights for next year.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I cycle in winter to maintain a decent level of fitness as i do in the warmer months,but i dislike the wet dark nights and having to wear 5 layers to go out. My mileage is halved over the winter months as i don't venture far from home. Who wants to try and replace an inner tube in the dark with freezing cold fingers? If the weather is really bad i have a decent exercise bike to use but i find it boring and too sweaty.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Because (1) I need to respect The Sacred Temple that is my body.......??????
(2) The Mother Planet demands it....???????

Nah, I like riding a bike, that's all, and driving is misery.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Because the alternative doesn't bear thinking about. I don't drive, and hate sharing public transport with people in various states of health.
Also because I enjoy cycling, and can't say I enjoy any other mode of transport.

Top Bottom