Why do you Upgrade?

What are your Reasons for Upgrading Bike and/or Components?

• I Upgrade Solely for Performance Gains

• I Upgrade Just Because I Can/Want

• I Upgrade for Style Purposes Only

• I Upgrade for Style Purposes and Believe There is a Performance Gain Too (However Marginal)

• I Upgrade for Any of the Above Reasons,

• I Upgrade for Better Build Quality

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

That's Your reasons why You upgrade, but it's not all about you mind. :smile:

I seem to have to correct most of your responses, for some reason. Those are not my reasons for upgrading - but those are generally the benefits that upgrades might give you - unless you can think of any others. The point I'm making is that the only one of those factors which remains contentious is 'performance' - and your response has just demonstrated that.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
I seem to have to correct most of your responses, for some reason. Those are not my reasons for upgrading - but those are generally the benefits that upgrades might give you - unless you can think of any others. The point I'm making is that the only one of those factors which remains contentious is 'performance' - and your response has just demonstrated that.
Firstly, that was a complete joke, which was meant to be obvious. Your comprehension of jokes is very poor. :smile:

If those are Not your reasons, then why have you posted them In response to a poll called What Are YOUR Reasons for Upgrading?

You're starting this up yet again, when I was just trying to lighten the atmosphere earlier. :smile:

Citius

Firstly, that was a complete joke, which was meant to be obvious. Your comprehension of jokes is very poor. :smile:

So suddenly you develop a sense of humour? Give me some warning next time...

If those are Not your reasons, then why have you posted them In response to a poll called What Are YOUR Reasons for Upgrading?

As I said in the original post, my previous reply, and am now reminding you again, those are a range of typical reasons. As I also just said, feel free to add to it if you feel it is incomplete.

Last edited:

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
So suddenly you develop a sense of humour? Give me some warning next time...

As I said in the original post, my previous reply, and am now reminding you again, those are a range of typical reasons. As I also just said, feel free to add to it if you feel it is incomplete.
What do you ride again? :tongue:

Citius

What do you ride again? :tongue:

A scooter. I thought Jowwy had already pre-judged that?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
That's Your reasons why You upgrade, but it's not all about you mind. :smile:

Performance gains are nigh on impossible to prove, as you know from recent discussions. Perceived performance gains are, in my opinion, actually equally as valid. I know you will disagree there, but I agree with other opinions on this one.

Personally, I would ideally like real world performance gains and honestly believe that I have experienced this. I have no proof, as cannot test in a perfect environment. If it turns out that I have worked harder since getting my new wheels or that I can't actually breathe better by being in a better climbing position from having my shorter stem, then I will accept them as only a perceived gain and enjoy the gain nonetheless.

Extract from a religious thread?

Top Bottom