Why do you Upgrade?

What are your Reasons for Upgrading Bike and/or Components?

• I Upgrade Solely for Performance Gains

• I Upgrade Just Because I Can/Want

• I Upgrade for Style Purposes Only

• I Upgrade for Style Purposes and Believe There is a Performance Gain Too (However Marginal)

• I Upgrade for Any of the Above Reasons,

• I Upgrade for Better Build Quality

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Hey @Cuchilo, @jowwy, I marshalled a roundabout tonight on our local 10 (my turn) didn't think I was going to like not riding but was pleasantly surprised how enjoyable the evening was! Interesting watching different riders lines and just a different perspective (learning) ever done it yet?

Tim Hall

There's no option for "because the market has moved on". When I had my Mercian resprayed I wanted new shifters, as the old ones were 10 years old and tatty. They were 105 9 speed. The new ones are 105 10 speed. So 10 speed transmission throughout.

(Obviously this results in a more responsive bike.)

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Hey @Cuchilo, @jowwy, I marshalled a roundabout tonight on our local 10 (my turn) didn't think I was going to like not riding but was pleasantly surprised how enjoyable the evening was! Interesting watching different riders lines and just a different perspective (learning) ever done it yet?
Yeh i have marshalled some of ours, as i pulled the plug on this seasons TT's after illness and a hamstring tear.

I mostly push off tho, being a big guy like :training:

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
There's no option for "because the market has moved on". When I had my Mercian resprayed I wanted new shifters, as the old ones were 10 years old and tatty. They were 105 9 speed. The new ones are 105 10 speed. So 10 speed transmission throughout.

(Obviously this results in a more responsive bike.)
Can you prove that? :whistle:

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Yeh i have marshalled some of ours, as i pulled the plug on this seasons TT's after illness and a hamstring tear.

I mostly push off tho, being a big guy like :training:
Cool, good stuff eh, inter club tonight, so was a bit of a "buzz" around, nearly 40 riders.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Not marshalled yet but I was asked to push off and I declined as I'm not a big fella . The thought of holding a 15 stone bloke on a 15 k bike was my reason ! I'm 9 stone dripping wet !
I try and grab the camera after I have finished as pictures help so much but I do intend on doing my turn at marshalling as without it the events get called off .

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
In tests it was 23% more responsive, I felt 9% more connected and it flew into corners approximately 7% better.
Ah ha you said "approximately"! :hyper:

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Not marshalled yet but I was asked to push off and I declined as I'm not a big fella . The thought of holding a 15 stone bloke on a 15 k bike was my reason ! I'm 9 stone dripping wet !
I try and grab the camera after I have finished as pictures help so much but I do intend on doing my turn at marshalling as without it the events get called off .
We have to put our names down at the start of the season to Marshall an event so this way we should in theory always have enough, we do sometimes struggle for time keepers/pusher off ers.

MissyR

I just buy what I want cause I'm a girl and shopping is in my DNA! I never generally go by the science of things mainly because it bores me or magazine reviews but more peoples experiences as I value an honest opinion on things from people who have used the products.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
I just buy what I want cause I'm a girl and shopping is in my DNA! I never generally go by the science of things mainly because it bores me or magazine reviews but more peoples experiences as I value an honest opinion on things from people who have used the products.
You'll get actual experience of products on here, but you'll also get the generalised science on that type of component. Balancing true opinions from actual experience against opinions based on science for different products but of similar nature can sometimes be tricky. :smile:

Top Bottom