Why does My Front Light Keep Going On The blink

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wester

Guru
my front bike lights are always packing up or not working properly and I have to buy new one every time which is quite expensive . And my rear light is always fine no problems whatsoever

I go over some speed bumps at speed on my commute to work could this be causing my front light to go dopey ?

KneesUp

Guru
Can we have more details? What problems do you get? What lights are you using?

Shortmember

Bickerton Cyclocross Racing Team groupie
You get what you pay for.It sounds like you've been shopping at your local poundshop

KneesUp

Guru
My front light blinks as well :whistle:
Mine doesn't blink, but sometimes it works and then stops working and then works again and then stops again and so on.

Kookas

Über Member
my front bike lights are always packing up or not working properly and I have to buy new one every time which is quite expensive . And my rear light is always fine no problems whatsoever

I go over some speed bumps at speed on my commute to work could this be causing my front light to go dopey ?

To be honest, a good light could probably withstand being chucked off a cliff let alone a little bump on the road.

shadow master

Sounds like the batteries are jumping out of the contact,try pulling up the contact gently to create a tighter fit...if not take the advice above get a dynamo,at least you'll dim lights at low speed and have no lights when at junctions,wear out your side walls,and make pedalling that bit harder.....lol

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have had a similar problem with my front light. It is one of those which has about 5 different modes. To get to the next mode, one has to 'blip' the on-off switch. Vibration causing momentary disconnection of the battery pack has the same effect. I wrapped the battery pack with cardboard to stop it moving about inside the light and that seems to have fixed it.

I have the same problem on my old Garmin Etrex GPS. It sometimes switches itself off if I hit a bump at speed. It is most annoying if I am logging the ride and do not notice that it has happened!

Top Bottom