Why doesn't everyone have one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
I took my watch off in the shower this morning, and it occurred to me that I probably haven't taken it off at all for a few months. In my opinion (and obviously I accept there are others) it's the perfect watch - it is accurate, it's waterproof, it's solar powered, it has hands for the time and a digital display for other stuff (the date, usually, but also a stopwatch which I use occasionally), it wasn't expensive so you can wear it without worrying, and it is always correct because it sets itself. I honestly can't think what else you might want a watch to do, apart from somehow impress other people who are impressed by things simply by virtue of their cost. But for a watch to just wear day to day, I think it's unbeatable.

What items do you own that are just so perfect for their intended use that you wonder why anyone would buy an alternative?

alicat

Legendary Member
Chips. I'll get me coat...

Levo-Lon

Guru
I have one but I'm into my fit bit..
My latest Fitbit is also waterproof.
I can't wear a watch in bed though

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Watches don't work on me. Those with hands loose time on me and digital ones the display goes off after a few days.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
My Thomas china cups.

Bone china, plain white, perfect design, with straight-up sides. Not a clunky mug, but refined, just like me.
Agreed wouldn't be without mine.
kcos-104459.jpg

Last edited:

postman

Legendary Member
My watch strap metal,has a bath every now and again in bleach.To get rid of grey gunge,which i think is dust skin and sweat,not nice .

OP
OP
KneesUp

KneesUp

Guru
My cheap watch - a bog standard Decathlon one, why, I usually wreck posh ones, and they sit in my drawer.
I had one of their £5 for a while, but the lack of hands and the fact that it didn't set itself bothered me! It's propped on my desk now as a desk clock. Still going strong.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My Brooks saddle. I lurvvvv it. Nothing else will do.

And i have a Timex watch that cost me £25. All it does is tell me the time. No day or date crap or fancy tech anything. It just tells me the time. Bliss.

Top Bottom