Why doesn't everyone have one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The shelves ? :-)

No silly - woodchip wallpaper.

You'll both be pleased to hear that during the current redecoration of the dinning room both the woodchip and the shelving unit have been painted/cleaned respectively and will now last another 6-7yrs. :angel:

However one of the 303 poweramps developed a problem so it's off back home to QUAD in Huntingdon for a bit of loving attention from it's makers, I expect it to outlive me. :becool:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
You'll both be pleased to hear that during the current redecoration of the dinning room both the woodchip and the shelving unit have been painted/cleaned respectively and will now last another 6-7yrs. :angel:

However one of the 303 poweramps developed a problem so it's off back home to QUAD in Huntingdon for a bit of loving attention from it's makers, I expect it to outlive me. :becool:

I have been told by professional decorators that it's quicker and easier to replace the wall than to try and remove the woodchip.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I have been told by professional decorators that it's quicker and easier to replace the wall than to try and remove the woodchip.
The professional decorator (Time served) who advised me on wallpapering gave me a tip years ago, the way to tell if an amateur did a room was they hadn't used enough paste in an attempt to save money so any paper tended to 'blister' when painted. As Graham put it why would you try to economise on the cheapest element of a job after you've bought paper, paint, and gone to all that effort why try and save a quid on paste.

He also showed me how to paper ceilings and walls correctly (you start in the middle) and was most impressed when I papered the stairway and managed the nearly 19' drop without 'stretching' the paper so the pattern didn't match either side.

My cheap watch - a bog standard Decathlon one, why, I usually wreck posh ones, and they sit in my drawer.
Mine also is a decathlon blue plastic thing. Much prefer it to the supposedly posher thing I let the batteries run out on. Had the vision flash of light when, for comfort and visibility I used to wear a similar plastic watch for cycling. Then thought I may as well wear it all the time.
I have had the odd person sneer/turn up their noses at it, but sad them. Remember when folk used to wear a watch to impress, say something about them? So they'd make a sad point of theatrically consulting it in public? I suppose such folks moved on to the smartphone.

Can't abide one on my wrist now.

But one off the wrist is OK?

:whistle:

Smudge

Veteran
I'm a bit of a watch fan, i always have a watch on my wrist. I have many of them, quartz, solar, atomic, analogue, digital, abc sensor watches and old school mechanical auto's.
But one watch i will never wear is a smart watch.

Top Bottom