Why doesn't everyone have one?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by KneesUp, 6 Dec 2018.

1. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

No silly - woodchip wallpaper.

Salty seadog and raleighnut like this.
  2. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

You'll both be pleased to hear that during the current redecoration of the dinning room both the woodchip and the shelving unit have been painted/cleaned respectively and will now last another 6-7yrs. :angel:

However one of the 303 poweramps developed a problem so it's off back home to QUAD in Huntingdon for a bit of loving attention from it's makers, I expect it to outlive me. :becool:

3. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

Where are the valves?

Threevok and C R like this.
  4. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

QUAD famously did a blind test of their 3 different amplifier types with noted HiFi reviewers

• 22 classic valve Amp
    • 303 their 1st transistor design (and a unique triplet circuit)
    • 405 current dumping Amp
    The results, no-one could tell the difference, in fact most thought the 303 was the Valve Amp.

SpokeyDokey and Drago like this.
  5. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

I was just pulling your multi strand speaker leads @raleighnut :smile:.

6. Diogenes

Diogenes Guru

I have been told by professional decorators that it's quicker and easier to replace the wall than to try and remove the woodchip.

tom73, Drago, Salty seadog and 2 others like this.
  7. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

The professional decorator (Time served) who advised me on wallpapering gave me a tip years ago, the way to tell if an amateur did a room was they hadn't used enough paste in an attempt to save money so any paper tended to 'blister' when painted. As Graham put it why would you try to economise on the cheapest element of a job after you've bought paper, paint, and gone to all that effort why try and save a quid on paste.

He also showed me how to paper ceilings and walls correctly (you start in the middle) and was most impressed when I papered the stairway and managed the nearly 19' drop without 'stretching' the paper so the pattern didn't match either side.

SpokeyDokey and Drago like this.
  8. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Guru

Mine also is a decathlon blue plastic thing. Much prefer it to the supposedly posher thing I let the batteries run out on. Had the vision flash of light when, for comfort and visibility I used to wear a similar plastic watch for cycling. Then thought I may as well wear it all the time.
    I have had the odd person sneer/turn up their noses at it, but sad them. Remember when folk used to wear a watch to impress, say something about them? So they'd make a sad point of theatrically consulting it in public? I suppose such folks moved on to the smartphone.

fossyant likes this.
  9. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

But one off the wrist is OK?

:whistle:

Salty seadog and colly like this.
  10. colly

colly Re member eR

I could not possibly comment.

11. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral Moderator

I have a small book with pages labelled alphabetically. The pages are lined and there are about seven pages per letter of the alphabet, except for x, y and z, which share seven pages. P and q might also share seven pages.

I can write people's names, addresses and telephone numbers in it.

rikki, SpokeyDokey and raleighnut like this.
  12. Smudge

Smudge Well-Known Member

I'm a bit of a watch fan, i always have a watch on my wrist. I have many of them, quartz, solar, atomic, analogue, digital, abc sensor watches and old school mechanical auto's.
    But one watch i will never wear is a smart watch.

13. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Guru

Spooky. In fact alarming. Remind me to give you a wide berth on the next sunday ride.

classic33 and Salty seadog like this.
  14. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Guru

link please

15. Salty seadog

Salty seadog Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

I've googled it and others have it too. I used to work with a guy who could only wear Swatch watches, maybe because they were plastic and not metal backed.

classic33 and raleighnut like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice