Why I hate RLJ, pavement cyclists etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

magnatom said:
As I am sure you are aware, Cab, you have a very confrontational approach to your posts (which by the way is not a problem!), and nethalus and random probably aren't aware of that and probably feel they are being assassinated! Give them a break, let them settle in, they have both stated that they bear no grudge or bad will against good cyclists.

Give them a break? Sure, just as soon as they outright condemn those who have boasted about assaulting cyclists using a bus. Thats a reasonable minimum to expect out of them, especially considering some of the comments they have made.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Cab said:
Give them a break? Sure, just as soon as they outright condemn those who have boasted about assaulting cyclists using a bus. Thats a reasonable minimum to expect out of them, especially considering some of the comments they have made.

Cab,

I thought they had. Maybe this thread is too long or I am not getting enough sleep (I'm not :biggrin:)

Lets resolve this:

Nethalus, Random, if a bus driver says he has used his bus intentionally to knock a cyclists over, would you condem this action. Yes or no?

nethalus

magnatom said:
Cab,

I thought they had. Maybe this thread is too long or I am not getting enough sleep (I'm not :biggrin:)

Lets resolve this:

Nethalus, Random, if a bus driver says he has used his bus intentionally to knock a cyclists over, would you condem this action. Yes or no?

Yes I would condem it.

nethalus

Cab said:
(further comments cut unread)

Then condemn him for making such an outrageous claim. Do I believe he would do that? Well, he said he has. Heavens forbid we judge someone on what they actually said...

I notice you did not read the rest of what I said ie "Further coments cut unread". Perhaps if you had read it you would realise that I would condemn, or even disbelieve, anyone saying they'd deliberately knocked someone down.

col

Legendary Member
Cab said:
(further comments cut unread)

Then condemn him for making such an outrageous claim. Do I believe he would do that? Well, he said he has. Heavens forbid we judge someone on what they actually said...

Instead of trying to get other people to have a go at some one for saying something dissagreeable,why not go and say it to the person yourself.Not everyone wants to tell someone the error of their ways every time they say something unacceptable.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

col said:
Instead of trying to get other people to have a go at some one for saying something dissagreeable,why not go and say it to the person yourself.Not everyone wants to tell someone the error of their ways every time they say something unacceptable.

I'd actually love to meet sikpuppy face to face. He has threatened me (apparently, as a joke, according to others) on a number of occasion. Somehow I get the feeling he is all bark and no bite.....

Cab

col said:

What, join a forum where that kind of behaviour is acceptable? No thank you.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Come on Cab, chill out. I don't remember you being this militant on the old C+ forum. I can't see you improving random and nethalus's opinions of cyclists.

nethalus

col said:

Aye it's like sometime ago Jeremy Clarkson suggested that Bus drivers are "jumped up little hitler B******ds that need shooting in the face!" Now one would hope that no one took Clarkson's words seriously. Bus drivers going about their daily business, being of no harm to anyone else, have been shot or shot at by mindless evil thugs, they have also been stabbed, punched and verbally threatened. Clarkson also said some rather derogartory things about cyclists, including the suggestion of running them over if they use those little cycle boxes at traffic lights to go in front of him, which just proves what an ignorant, selfish, narrow minded prat he really is. I would not take his coments any more seriously than what I took the coments on blood bus. It was someone saying something outrageous in order to cause shock and provoke others to get into a slanging match with them.

col

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
I'd actually love to meet sikpuppy face to face. He has threatened me (apparently, as a joke, according to others) on a number of occasion. Somehow I get the feeling he is all bark and no bite.....

Thats normally the way isnt it.The louder the bark :biggrin:

bonj2

nethalus said:
Clarkson also said some rather derogartory things about cyclists, including the suggestion of running them over if they use those little cycle boxes at traffic lights to go in front of him, which just proves what an ignorant, selfish, narrow minded prat he really is. I would not take his coments any more seriously than what I took the coments on blood bus. It was someone saying something outrageous in order to cause shock and provoke others to get into a slanging match with them.

you obviously do take it seriously, why else would you think he's a prat...

Top Bottom