Why I hate RLJ, pavement cyclists etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
Understandable! I hope they catch him. Sounds like a right nutter:ohmy:

What was a little more worrying,is that this place isnt that far from where i live,and some realtives of mine are only a couple of hundred yards from the stop,so makes the happening in a far off place,obselete this time:ohmy:

col

Legendary Member
gambatte said:
Its happening a lot. The ‘Samurai sword’ has become a weapon of choice. Psychologically its got power, but it hasn’t got the penalties of a handgun.

Ignore the facts that in most situations they’re unwieldy and as most are made of stainless steel they’re as dangerous to whoever tries to cut something (too brittle they snap and fly apart)

In November the ‘Samurai Sword’ is going to be specifically named on the offensive weapons act. Despite the fact that theirs not really a specific ‘samurai sword’. What do they mean? Katana? Wakazishi? Daisho? Etc. Add into the equation the fact you’ll still be able to buy Claymores, sabres, rapiers, Klingon ‘Bak’leths’ and such as the Claws that were used in ‘Chronicles of Riddick’.

What they actually needed was more enforcement of current laws. The one that says its illegal to carry a fixed blade of more than 3” in public. There ‘Samurai swords’ are already illegal.

How do you dodge a samurai sword? In a bus? In the cab?

Usually better to move forward/in, if you can’t leg it

Ah,here talks someone who is practiced by the sounds of it?Am i correct in guessing you are a member of something here?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

gambatte said:
]In November the ‘Samurai Sword’ is going to be specifically named on the offensive weapons act.

I've actually got one at home. It was presented to me when an old judo club I went to was closing down, and as a member of a number of years, they bought me the sword as a thankyou. It stays hidden away (especially with kids in the house now), but how will the law stand with this? Is it time to dispose of it?

col

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
I've actually got one at home. It was presented to me when an old judo club I went to was closing down, and as a member of a number of years, they bought me the sword as a thankyou. It stays hidden away (especially with kids in the house now), but how will the law stand with this? Is it time to dispose of it?

Im guessing that your gift will have been a semi sharp iaito possibly?As a live blade Katana would cost thousands,unless your friends are really appreciative.;)I have a semi sharp Katana,on my wall,from my iaito days,im hoping that disposing of it is not an option.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

col said:
Im guessing that your gift will have been a semi sharp iaito possibly?As a live blade Katana would cost thousands,unless your friends are really appreciative.;)I have a semi sharp Katana,on my wall,from my iaito days,im hoping that disposing of it is not an option.

Yes it is indeed. Still if you swing it at someone it could still cause a fair old injury!:biggrin:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Not necessarily an iato. Genuine Paul Chen folded blades can be had for <£200.

The law will state its illegal to buy, sell etc. If you’ve already got one, I reckon you’re OK. I’ll be keeping mine anyway.

I did a bit, but mainly training with Bokkens/shinai etc. Under a system brought to the West by Masaaki Hatsumi, an official Japanese ‘Living treasure’. Changed its name after loads of westerners started trying to rip it off and run around in black Gis and tabi boots.

Liked the fact it wasn’t a sport.

If you want to know more "Ask a ninja!":biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

IGMC

Cab

BentMikey said:
Come on Cab, chill out. I don't remember you being this militant on the old C+ forum. I can't see you improving random and nethalus's opinions of cyclists.

I can't remember someone being quite so disagreeable on te C+ forum on a discussion I was involved in. I don't typically frequent the nastier topics, and had I known that we'd have people here from a forum that openly allows such chilling things to be posted I wouldn't be in this discussion either :biggrin:

I am chilled.

Tetedelacourse

magnatom said:
How do the neds get hold of them then??

I think they fold their own.

Bloodsport:

old wise master: Katana sword cannot be stolen, katana sword must be earned.

young Frank Dux: I was not going to steal it

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Tetedelacourse said:
I think they fold their own.

Bloodsport:

old wise master: Katana sword cannot be stolen, katana sword must be earned.

young Frank Dux: I was not going to steal it

Frank Dux (hehe) he reckoned that film was true!!
One of the original 'rip off' westerners, as big a con as Ashida Kim.
A dangerously deluded individual

col

Legendary Member
gambatte said:
Not necessarily an iato. Genuine Paul Chen folded blades can be had for <£200.

The law will state its illegal to buy, sell etc. If you’ve already got one, I reckon you’re OK. I’ll be keeping mine anyway.

I did a bit, but mainly training with Bokkens/shinai etc. Under a system brought to the West by Masaaki Hatsumi, an official Japanese ‘Living treasure’. Changed its name after loads of westerners started trying to rip it off and run around in black Gis and tabi boots.

Liked the fact it wasn’t a sport.

If you want to know more "Ask a ninja!":biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

IGMC

Im surprised they can be had that cheap,its been a while,about ten years,but my sword was made for me through a friend of a friend in japan,while he was there,it cost £400 then,but that was mates rates.:biggrin:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
col said:
Im surprised they can be had that cheap,its been a while,about ten years,but my sword was made for me through a friend of a friend in japan,while he was there,it cost £400 then,but that was mates rates.:biggrin:
Paul Chen, I think is a Chinese foundry. I know all the genuine Japanese katanas have to be officially certified, which possibly pushes the price up. Chen made the swords for the Matrix films. The one I have is a copy of the Paul Chen Fantasy Katana, designed for the Morpheus character. Definitely live and close enough to genuine for my needs. Its well out of the way for the next few years (6 & 4 year old and 1 more on the way!). Should I have need I’ve still got bokken, Jo, Bo or escrima sticks to try!

You can get some folded carbon blades from China for about £100, but there are a lot of rip offs out there. A common trick is to dip in etching acid and hang vertically. This gives lines along the blade, imitating the folded metal of a more expensive weapon..

I’ve seen one of these, where you look down towards the Tsuba and the ‘folding’ disappears! (didn’t like to point it out to the dealer)

RANDOM

Cab said:
Sometimes someone posts something daft and I can laugh with them. In your case, however, its just too tragic.

What are you trying to achieve by posting here? Why are you even contributing to this forum?

Yes tragic postings just like yours,plus is that a no then.

Top Bottom