Why is everyone soo god dam...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Neilsmith

Sometimes people make some good points but not necessarily in the best way, for some reason online people don't always take into account the other persons feelings when posting, most of whom wouldn't dream of doing it face to face. And sometimes posts are open to interpretation and taken not as they are meant. But as in life I think the majority are well meaning

snorri

Legendary Member
Negative here on CC ?..

Most of us feel on top of the world but wouldn't want to gloat on those who might be struggling a little:smile:

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
I totally disagree with this. CC is the only chat website I've ever registered on that has ever maintained my interest - and that's purely because it's friendly and easy going. I don't post very much, but I enjoy reading the conversations of others. Politics can get nasty in any social situation, even in real life - but I find the politics section here relatively respectful. There may be a bit of finger pointing and name calling from time to time, but it's mostly done in good spirits.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Negative here on CC ?

Do you have to be 'known' in the clique' ? a 'member' for a while to gain notoriety of interest ?

Crazy place..

Maybe Sean can enlighten me...

I agree with you but most of the negativity and bloody mindedness is in the SC&P (which I now have on "ignore" along with a number of the "usual suspects"), and any thread containing the word "helmet". lifes too short to put up with negative people.

Last edited:

Philh

Über Member
I see very little unpleasantness on here, compared to other internet sites I visit. And even then it tends to be people getting into boring arguments about the efficacy of expensive wheels, rather than full-on Godwin's law 'meet me in a car park for a fight' stuff.

I agree. I don't post much but when I have posted I received nothing but positive comments. When there were conflicting views well thats all they were, just views and opinions.

Tin Pot

Guru
I can't understand the above comments.

CC is an online insane asylum.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
SC&P is no nastier or more negative than any other part of this forum, and I wish people would stop trotting out this lazy nonsense. There is positivity and negativity everywhere, and some of the people who post 'nasty' stuff can also be found in Cafe on a daily basis. .

Lazy nonsense????

some of the people who post 'nasty' stuff can also be found in Cafe on a daily basis. Not if you have them on ignore

Profpointy

Legendary Member
That's not my point though. There's a fantasy around here that all the horrid people post in SC&P and all the nice people never go there and only post in Cafe, but it isn't anything close to reality and is lazily divisive.

There's a grain of truth in it though, but it must be admitted that even the horrid people tend to post fairly sensible stuff when discussing brake callipers and rarely attribute brake problems to lefties or immigrants, or "Peecee gorn maad !!!"

steve50

Disenchanted Member
That your putting people on ignore does not mean that they are no longer nasty, assuming that they are at all, or that any perceived nastiness is confined to one part of the forum.

Not at all, the people who I have on ignore are people who I have tried to converse with in different areas of the forum and found them equally condecending as they are in SC&P resulting in me putting them on ignore, I have been a long standing member of a couple of car related forums and have NEVER come across the likes of some of the members of this foum. We are all supposed to be members of a forum where we share a common interest, we all face the same or similar cycling related issues and share advice and information related to those issues. Why should a small minority of the members be allowed to spoil the enjoyment of the forum with their opinionated attitudes and insults , it just serves to lower the tone of the forum. I have seen a number of posts from new members complaining about the forum and the attitudes of some of the members.
Edit; in fact on the other forums I frequent politics and religious discussions are banned for the reason of the conflict they cause.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I don't think there's any truth in it at all. SC&P tackles difficult issues, but the Cafe is the place for casual sexism, glib racism, and other kinds of tacky nastiness that are passed off as 'humour'.

ah I probably conflated the two as I tend to read by "what's new" rather than which directory.
I am trying to give up on the politics thread, as I find the generally not-so-much nastiness as stupid name-calling a bit pointless. Pity as exploring difficult issues particularly with those I disagree with would be interesting and have value, but I think I'm done with it for now.

Top Bottom