Why is everyone soo god dam...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I am sometimes told I am wrong, which is odd as I am always right.^_^
Even when you're wrong?

snorri

Legendary Member
I've only used the Ignore facility twice, I think. Both of the people I chose to Ignore burnt themselves out and left shortly afterwards so I assumed they just had difficulty getting along with people.
There are some posters I tend not to engage with, but real life is like that too, it doesn't seem too difficult to rub along with people holding different views to myself,....just as long as they are not wishing to ram their ideas down my throat^_^.

...I'm an active member of 3 cycling related forums - Atomic Zombie, BROL and CycleChat, and listed alphabetically as no particular favourite.
Each I find to be entertaining, informative and often very amusing.
Forum etiquette takes some getting used to initially. Sense of humour, tongue in cheek, light hearted sarcasm,and all those other subtle nuances can often be misinterpreted, compared to, for example, face to face interaction.
Knowing the limitations of forums can help getting the most out of them, and emoticons used sparingly can help convey the correct context.
Anyways, certainly enjoyed my time here so far - long may it continue :thanks:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The good thing about this site is that there is an ignore button.

I found a long time ago that if you use the ignore button, you can make the site viewing so much more enjoyable.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I have some sympathy with the OP, on some of the debates here I became so negative I had to put myself on my ignore list .....
You've only posted that in the hope that you will read it, and will learn that you have yourself on ignore. You're still letting yourself get to you. Rise above it, you know you are better than yourself, don't lower yourself to your own level.

U

User32269

lalalala-300x210.gif

I have only had help and encouragement on here. Taking a different view is not inherently negative or positive, the language used defines that.

I can accept that people's perceptions are real to them and some are more sensitive than others.

I have seen some posts that could, in my opinion, have shown more restraint - but no lives were lost - so I just moved on and read something else

SC&P is no nastier or more negative than any other part of this forum, and I wish people would stop trotting out this lazy nonsense.
As I said in my posting, I don't read it. But more than once I have seen someone being a bit of an arse in cafe and someone else has gently chided them "you're not in SC&P now" That combined with the fact that the OP obviously spends a lot of time there, it didn't seem a big leap.

The good thing about this site is that there is an ignore button.

I found a long time ago that if you use the ignore button, you can make the site viewing so much more enjoyable.
Only to a small extent. I find I have to hit the "show ignored content" button a lot to make sense of what I'm reading. My favourite just after I'd starting using ignore, and someone was attacking me. They weren't quoting me directly, but I was the only other person posting in that thread. I was all "You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking to? Well I'm the only one here." He politely informed me that he was not talking to me, and when I looked at ignored content, I realised that my ignoree was exhibiting the same behaviour that I had ignored him for, and getting a deserved response.

Life would be a lot easier if everyone just used my ignore list :smile:

Top Bottom