Why is there a cat pee smell in my daughters bedroom?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thomk

Guru
We do have cats and they may have pee'd in there once. But we have kept the door closed since then and sprayed the room with anti cat pee smell stuff. The smell pretty much went away but now it's back! Anyone have a theory on what's happening, apart from the obvious that the door may have been accidentally left open and the cat has sneaked a naughty.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
This:

vickster

Legendary Member
You can never really get rid of the smell, is the heating on in the room as when it gets warm, the smell is worse. You need to scrub the area

Tin Pot

Guru
We do have cats and they may have pee'd in there once. But we have kept the door closed since then and sprayed the room with anti cat pee smell stuff. The smell pretty much went away but now it's back! Anyone have a theory on what's happening, apart from the obvious that the door may have been accidentally left open and the cat has sneaked a naughty.

Alemonentry my dear Watson. when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

The door is being left open, the cat is peeing in it.

vickster

Legendary Member
My guess is the cat has sprayed again. Try a Felliway plug in (assuming they've all be neutered, if not get them sorted)

OP
OP
Thomk

Thomk

Guru
My guess is the cat has sprayed again. Try a Felliway plug in (assuming they've all be neutered, if not get them sorted)
Both spayed. The thing is they have constant access to the outdoors and don't pee in the house (at least apart from this incriminating episode).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Our cats have never pee'ed or sprayed inside (all female), but one bedroom at the caravan whiffed of cat pee. The only thing we could think is that the van may have been sprayed outside by a male cat, near to the bedroom.

Tricky smell to get rid of, maybe detol might help.

Mrs M

Guru
Maybe an uneuteured Tom got in and pee'd?
Spraying Feliway on a pee'd on area is supposed to stop it being soiled again, maybe worth a try.
Best of luck.

Top Bottom