Why is there a cat pee smell in my daughters bedroom?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
This happened to us about 5 years ago and it drove us bonkers, we were blaming the cats but it was my youngest lad's Nike Ronaldinho trainers! One day of use sets them off stinking, same with Adidas ones too, I am serious, Google "Nike & cat piss". ^_^

Check the trainers/shoes, Nike, Adidas, Puma they all smell of cat piss when wet/sweaty, so far we've only found Joma that don't suffer from this problem.

OP
OP
Thomk

Thomk

Guru
This happened to us about 5 years ago and it drove us bonkers, we were blaming the cats but it was my youngest lad's Nike Ronaldinho trainers! One day of use sets them off stinking, same with Adidas ones too, I am serious, Google "Nike & cat piss". ^_^

Check the trainers/shoes, Nike, Adidas, Puma they all smell of cat piss when wet/sweaty, so far we've only found Joma that don't suffer from this problem.
Don't think so but will check.

midlife

Guru
Our cats have never pee'ed or sprayed inside (all female), but one bedroom at the caravan whiffed of cat pee. The only thing we could think is that the van may have been sprayed outside by a male cat, near to the bedroom.

Tricky smell to get rid of, maybe detol might help.

Misread Dettol for petrol :smile:

Shaun

ayceejay

Guru
There are a number of plants that smell like cats piss. There are some peoples body odour that smell that way.
I stayed in a house once with a cat that wanted to be on my bed, a desire I didn't share. I would throw the cat out and slam the door and two minutes later he was on the bed. It was an old house with a sagging floor and the frigging cat was squeezing under the door.

Top Bottom