Why is there a cat pee smell in my daughters bedroom?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Thomk

Thomk

Guru
Professor Google suggested cat smell on second hand books which is a serious contender worth checking. If not I will seriously consider the "shovelling lion sh*t" idea and enrol her in a detox program.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm not 100% sure that they have ever pee'd in that room. Is there anything else which smells of cat wee wee?
EVA. The midsoles of most brands of running shoes are bonded with ethylyn-vinyl-acetate which contains urea obtained from cat pee. Nike used to be the worst offenders so I wouldn't buy their shoes but now, clearly, ASICS have followed suit and their trainers smell of cat pee after about a month of use.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Possibly a Flowering Currant shrub (Ribes) shrub outside near a window...
lovely looking shrub but seriously smells of cats wee.

OP
OP
Thomk

Thomk

Guru
I think he suspects you are advocating plugging into something feline and sensitive :evil:

OP
OP
Thomk

Thomk

Guru
Did you redecorate the room? My ex-wife used to work for a decorating company. It was not unheard of to get a chemical reaction from some paints and other DIY materials to get a "cat-pee-esque" smell.
Yes and this has been my main suspicion over the last few days but I wanted to see if anyone suggested it. I used PVA on some crumbling mortar around one of the window reveals and put some foam backed insulating lining paper around that area to try to counter the cold bridging there. The smell is sort of coming from that area...

The leak that was there has now been sorted but :idea:

Yes and this has been my main suspicion over the last few days but I wanted to see if anyone suggested it. I used PVA on some crumbling mortar around one of the window reveals and put some foam backed insulating lining paper around that area to try to counter the cold bridging there. The smell is sort of coming from that area...

The leak that was there has now been sorted but :idea:
If you have any left then take it back to where you bought it. They will send it off to the manufacturers to test it. But it wouldn't surprise me.

Top Bottom