Why Pay More?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeman66

Just bought a SRAM "out front" Garmin mount for the road bike from Wiggle.

Although £10.99 is still a lot of money for a few grams of plastic and a T25 Torx bolt..........it sure as hell beats the £25-30 for the genuine Garmin one. A perfect fit on 31.8mm bars, and seems to provide a very secure hold for the Garmin itself.

Mainly bought it in order to be able to mount the Garmin in such a way that the USB cable port is exposed, which will, in turn, allow me to plug in a powerbank when I do a 300km ride in June, which wasn't possible with the stem mounting.

Not much else to say really. It's a bit of plastic, does the job, and it doesn't cost 10x what it should do.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sram-quickview-garmin-computer-mount/

Drago

Legendary Member
I've bought out front mounts as cheap as £6. Why pay more?

screenman

Legendary Member
I was given two of them, I need another three.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I have a Zipp mount that is crap and i have to pad out the back of my Garmins to stop them shaking around .
I paid more because i like stuff that doesn't work properly . :scratch:

screenman

Legendary Member
I have a Zipp mount that is crap and i have to pad out the back of my Garmins to stop them shaking around .
I paid more because i like stuff that doesn't work properly . :scratch:

Just wrap some cling film tightly around the whole unit, keeps all the rain and muck off it as well.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am not sure if it is just a rumour, but I have heard that a non Garmin mount is more likely to cause the tabs in the back of the Garmin the sheer off. Personally, I have a mixture of Garmin, SRAM and eBay specials on my bikes, the Garmin mounts feel better and I am yet to break my device.

Top Bottom