Why so many breakfast rules...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I think leftover curry should be added to the list of acceptable foods :hungry:

View attachment 82775
And save yourself the trouble of warming it up by keeping it on the radiator overnight.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
In Serbia, many years ago, I was introduced to the "beer for breakfast" idea :okay: Not sure if it is/was common, but I was offered it by a waiter. The woman on the next table was having one, so I felt it would be churlish to refuse.
Coffee and a large cognac has worked for me before now.

subaqua

What’s the point
I know a fair number of places that will do you chips, but the rule of thumb seems to be hot good, cold only if cereal based and covered in milk.
chips for breakfast is derigeur in the decent Caffs I frequented in my site days in London, and I was a regular user of them !

best breakfast used to be Ham egg n chips in a little greasy spoon on Compton Street.

subaqua

What’s the point
[QUOTE 3594287, member: 259"]Start eating cold ham and cheese and stuff and you're straying into the strange and dangerous waters of the 'continental breakfast' :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Shudders

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
When you say "worked"...
tbh it was, for a while, a long long time ago, a habit I took from the locals as a Saturday morning pick me up cum eyeopener before 11 o'clock kick-off rugby matches where I'd be the only englishman adrift in a sea of Gauls.

subaqua

What’s the point
In Serbia, many years ago, I was introduced to the "beer for breakfast" idea :okay: Not sure if it is/was common, but I was offered it by a waiter. The woman on the next table was having one, so I felt it would be churlish to refuse.

I have boiled flat boddingtons to go on a pot noodle for breakfast on a camping trip before now. not a particularly high point in my life but was fun at the time. didn't taste too bad either.

cornflakes and mayonnaise is also good , but better in a white bread sandwich. yes had that for breakfast too

subaqua

What’s the point
We only limit ourselves through ignoranc, or forgetting the good stuff of yesteryear. Devilled kidneys? Kedgeree? Bloaters, smokies and kippers?

Kippers are great for breakfast, just not on a train to Doncaster at 06.30 in the morning. then it stinks to high heaven. but when wild camping on the beach in the west of Scotland a kipper for breakfast heated over the embers of the campfire is just heavenly

You've never had breakfast served up by a Brazilian ships cook have you?
Pancakes, eggs - usually scrambled, very crispy streaky bacon. All good.
sliced sauage - with fried onions
Cake.
Some sort of boiled vegetable with a purple hue that I've never been able to identify. Looks sort of like potato
beefburgers
A lime green drink. Sort of a milk shake made with guacamole. Does actually taste ok. Thickened up a bit it's served as a desert.
Pizza (ok, I can see that one - I was a student once)
Boiled plantains.
Something best described as meat samosas.
Something that looks like porridge, but isn't.
All a bit Patrick Stevens really.

On plus side the local fruit on top of a pancake is awesome and there are also small cheesy bread balls that go well with bacon and egg.

stephec

Legendary Member
As the saying goes, "when in Rome."

Before all day opening it used to be a tradition that you had a pint in the airport if you were getting an early morning flight. :smile:

Top Bottom