Why so many breakfast rules...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
A pizza delivery service flyer listed a range of different toppings. Amongst them was the 'full English breakfast' pizza — topped with mozzarella, naturally.

subaqua

What’s the point
I used to enjoy the looks from those going to work when I tucked into a beer at 8am at Smiths when on Nightshift :cheers:

when I was on nights in my Mid 20s, my mum had a call from a concerned friend as I was buying strong ( not cheap n nasty) cider at 10am . my mum politely told her where to pop off to after explaining that 10am was in reality 10pm for me. i should point out i was living in my OWN home at this time.

I used to turn days 12 hr on their head. so I would get up at 5pm - which for me was 5am and have cornflakes/non descript cereal , when i got home at 09.30 am ( my 9.30 pm ) i would have a proper cooked tea. .

subaqua

What’s the point
Kedgeree.....done well is my all time favourite breakfast, devilled kidneys also great and smoked haddock with poached eggs.....all great. I work at sea and we get these every week although the devilled kidneys seem to have been lost in time.....must have a word with the chefs.....

fried kidneys is lovely on a full english, but some do taste a little ...... tangy . not quite http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andouillette tangy but a definite tang

U

User169

My kids brekkie...

image.jpg

1) Nothing like a full English breakfast breakfast - buttered toasts, 2 fried eggs, a strip of bacon, a sausage, mushrooms, tomato and nice cup of aromatic coffee. Best enjoyed on Weekend mornings.

2) For the ultimate experience, replace the fried egg with scrambled eggs, the bacon and sausage with finely sliced smoked Salmon

3) For the working day start - Large buttered croissant, sliced with ham and cheese as fillings.

subaqua

What’s the point
Only if there's no witnesses, including me.
close your eyes and pretend its a flan, made with cheese and eggs.

which broccolli ( nice as a vegetable) , or salmon ( nice as a main meal especially smoked on bagels with soft cheeses. ) should NOT be in

IN A FLAN is things like ham , n bacon n onion

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
close your eyes and pretend its a flan, made with cheese and eggs.

which broccolli ( nice as a vegetable) , or salmon ( nice as a main meal especially smoked on bagels with soft cheeses. ) should NOT be in

IN A FLAN is things like ham , n bacon n onion

Remove the cheese and eggs and replace with seasoned chopped or minced pork with a hint of mace and thyme. Bake two of them, invert one of them and place it on top of the other one and then I could pretend that it's a pie.

Flans and quiches are so beige.

subaqua

What’s the point
Remove the cheese and eggs and replace with seasoned chopped or minced pork with a hint of mace and thyme. Bake two of them, invert one of them and place it on top of the other one and then I could pretend that it's a pie.

Flans and quiches are so beige.

you havent had Mrs subs Stilton and bacon flan. and she doesn't like stilton !

no pictures, I am pleading the Stevens defence ;)

Top Bottom