Why so many breakfast rules...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, the last-but-one
You mean you've got some left?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I remember my student days where breakfast consisted of cold pizza and warm, flat beer. Chilli & beer, curry & beer. Fried, left over baked potatoes and beer ^_^ All perfectly acceptable breakfasts IMO.

I like a nice omelette for breakfast but people think that is weird for some reason. Scrambled eggs seems to be fine. My little sister would only eat egg mayo sandwiches for breakfast for about 4 years. We didn't have mayo in the house so used salad cream but still called them egg mayo.

Toast, that wonderful breakfast food, seems to be acceptable any time, day or night. Now, that's a flexible food.

Doseone

Guru
I love eggs benedict, only had it a couple of times though. Also really enjoyed the breakfasts I had when I stayed with a friend in Gothenburg - cheese, peppers, tomatoes etc. My daily breakfast is porridge, preferred option is the thick milled Scotts Porridge Oats. I had some of the microwave sachets of porridge, but they were like sawdust floor sweepings.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If I remember correctly, in the 1920s and 30s there was an exclusive establishment called The Reverse Club. One day a month its members would live a day backwards. On waking, they would dress in dinner jackets and kick off "breakfast" with cognac, coffee and cigars, followed by pudding and then a couple of main courses...and so on.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I remember my student days where breakfast consisted of cold pizza and warm, flat beer. Chilli & beer, curry & beer. Fried, left over baked potatoes and beer ^_^ All perfectly acceptable breakfasts IMO.
You had beer left over as a student? That is weird.

PK99

Legendary Member
Many years ago staying at the Bentota Beach hotel in Sri Lanka, breakfast was the usual boring international fare.

We asked if, for out last day, we could have "Sri Lankan" breakfast.

The most amazing array of Hoppers and curries duly arrived - and the whole kitchen staff were peaking round the doors to see these strange westerners eating Sri Lankan food for breakfast, apparently we were the first westerners ever to ask for it. Very humbling but outstandingly good food!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
You had beer left over as a student? That is weird.
Ah, student parties with party pack cans of beer and lager... and the thrill of finding a nearly full one.... then finding it was the one people had been putting their cigarette butts in.

Top Bottom