Why try to be a hero?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm on another imperial ton ride today. Early on in my ride I was passed by a couple of guys, who were very handy riders. They looked like they were on a fast training ride of some description, and they gave me the customary "good morning", as they passed (giving me plenty of room), and off they went, at a very respectable pace. Then some total douche, on a light blue Trek, came struggling past me on a steep-ish climb, a bit further on, wobbled right across my front wheel, (I had to brake to avoid the idiot), then proceeded to get in my way, ride much slower than I was, and weave out, every time I tried to pass him. I dropped him off on the next climb. What the hell is it with idiots like this? :gun:. And breathe:laugh:

ScotiaLass

Guru
I know the answer....they are rude and feel they have something to prove!

ayceejay

Guru
I was near the end of a windless smooth and straight road going along nicely when a young guy dressed like he rode for Astana flew past me and stopped 10 yards ahead , he looked back and his face fell, I had to maneuver round him to continue. I didn't say anything but left him there panting like a bull.
My interpretation is that he saw me from some way back and wanted to show his prowess by overtaking me, when he had he stopped to look back for me to admire him and to enjoy his prey but, when he saw me he thought " Jeez, I busted a gut to overtake an old geezer" I laughed all the way home and he didn't come by me again:laugh:

Cyclist33

I was near the end of a windless smooth and straight road going along nicely when a young guy dressed like he rode for Astana flew past me and stopped 10 yards ahead , he looked back and his face fell, I had to maneuver round him to continue. I didn't say anything but left him there panting like a bull.
My interpretation is that he saw me from some way back and wanted to show his prowess by overtaking me, when he had he stopped to look back for me to admire him and to enjoy his prey but, when he saw me he thought " Jeez, I busted a gut to overtake an old geezer" I laughed all the way home and he didn't come by me again:laugh:

Maybe he got a puncture and was hoping you were going to stop and offer help.

Globalti

Legendary Member
When I was inexperienced I was tackling a hill and dropped down to the small ring, the chain dropped off, I stopped, couldn't unclip in time and keeled over sidways right on top of the front wheel of my pal, who was just behind me, bending the wheel. He said a few choice words but I managed to true the wheel for him later.

screenman

Legendary Member
Why is it everyone in front of me goes so slow making an overtake too easy. Come on you lot give me a challenge.^_^

That is how to do willy waving.

matiz

Guru
A mans got to know his limitations

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
That was me, sorry, I was trying to beat my Strava segment called "Total douchery". Sorry that you were in the way, nothing personal.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Maybe fairly new and inexperienced, and just struggling to get up the hill rather than noticing you?
Nope, it definitely wasn't that. I don't mind that, if those ones come past, they don't break their arse to try and prevent you re passing them. This one was definitely a douche.

Top Bottom