Whyte or Boardman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bkulacs0410

Hey guys,

I have kind of decided that I want to buy the "Boardman Hyb 8.8 2021", but due to no stock in UK for a while I can't buy it right now until god know how long. However I have found an alternative to it which is the "Whyte Whitechapel V2 Hybrid Bike" which seems very attractive to me, the specs and price is very good too. Please let me know what you think

Thank you

Attachments

• 20906-Boardman_HYB_8.8_Flatbar_Commute_Bike.jpg
    20906-Boardman_HYB_8.8_Flatbar_Commute_Bike.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Whitechapel_fe43b5b4-6763-4e78-92e4-64df87d39619_1512x.jpg
    Whitechapel_fe43b5b4-6763-4e78-92e4-64df87d39619_1512x.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 30

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
My wife & I both have Whytes - she has the ladies version of the WC. Lovely bikes, just (in my experience) check sizes carefully as I had to size down because standover due to me long body short leg syndrome :smile:

I have a Whyte 905, in my Avatar, my wife has a Whyte Shoreditch. In my opinion they are excellent bikes. I was going to opt for one of there Roadbikes a Wessex but didn’t want a 1x or Carbon otherwise it would have been a third Whyte in the garage.
Order it, buy it online, deposit, whatever you need to do to secure it. Excellent bikes.

vickster

Legendary Member
Whyte, I’ve had a couple and wouldn’t hesitate to have another (I do have an older Boardman hybrid presently but I’d swap for an equivalent Whyte without hesitation)

PK99

Legendary Member
I've a Whyte 901 MTB, D1 bought a whyte ?shoreditch a few years ago, I've just bought a Winchelsea e-bike.

All excellent with great follow up from local Whyte dealer,

with the recent Ebike purchase, I ordered on Thursday (IIRC), got a "despatched" notification the same day and it was ready for collection at my LBS Whyte dealer on Tuesday. The build was flawless.

PK99

Legendary Member
Do you use Moose @PK99 ?

I do! You too?

OP
OP
B

bkulacs0410

My wife & I both have Whytes - she has the ladies version of the WC. Lovely bikes, just (in my experience) check sizes carefully as I had to size down because standover due to me long body short leg syndrome :smile:
I am 6ft (183cm) and want to get a Medium frame. Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it

OP
OP
B

bkulacs0410

I have another question. From which retailer would you recommend buying the Whyte from: Tiso, Bike n Gear or Twelve50 Bikes?

Thank you

vickster

Legendary Member
I am 6ft (183cm) and want to get a Medium frame. Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it
That sounds really small. I’m 5‘10 long legged and was always more comfortable on my large Portobello than Medium Cambridge.
You need to find a shop locally that has both sizes in stock (model doesn’t matter, geometry same across the R7 range) for you to try

Top Bottom