Whyte or Boardman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have another question. From which retailer would you recommend buying the Whyte from: Tiso, Bike n Gear or Twelve50 Bikes?

Thank you
As others said definitely a large bike. As @vickster says, shop local and reputable if possible or if not possible and you buy online then at least go to a good local shop for it to have a once over and set up.
All mine came from Wheelbase in Staveley, Kendal local to me

OP
OP
B

bkulacs0410

That sounds really small. I’m 5‘10 long legged and was always more comfortable on my large Portobello than Medium Cambridge.
You need to find a shop locally that has both sizes in stock (the model doesn’t matter, geometry same across the R7 range) for you to try
Unfortunatelly, there are no local shops near me that I can find now with the Shoreditch one. I am in Central London. I have had a Boardman MTX 8.6 in Large and I found it way too large for me. I also tried my sister's Carrera Parva which is size Small and when I put the saddle up I felt awesome and my fiance has a Medium frame Carrera too and when I put a saddle up I feel really good. I kind of like the option to rather raise the saddle then having the bike too large

PK99

Legendary Member
As others said definitely a large bike. As @vickster says, shop local and reputable if possible or if not possible and you buy online then at least go to a good local shop for it to have a once over and set up.
All mine came from Wheelbase in Staveley, Kendal local to me

Currently, Whyte ONLY do click-and-collect. No home delivery.

Order online. collect from local Whyte dealer

vickster

Legendary Member
Unfortunatelly, there are no local shops near me that I can find now with the Shoreditch one. I am in Central London. I have had a Boardman MTX 8.6 in Large and I found it way too large for me. I also tried my sister's Carrera Parva which is size Small and when I put the saddle up I felt awesome and my fiance has a Medium frame Carrera too and when I put a saddle up I feel really good. I kind of like the option to rather raise the saddle then having the bike too large
Have you phoned around?
Balfes who have stores around London are a dealer and can get the Shoreditch for you
https://www.balfesbikes.co.uk/bikes/hybrid-bikes/whyte-shoreditch-hybrid-bike-2021-in-olive__12799

Fair enough if you like a small frame

OP
OP
B

bkulacs0410

That sounds really small. I’m 5‘10 long legged and was always more comfortable on my large Portobello than Medium Cambridge.
You need to find a shop locally that has both sizes in stock (model doesn’t matter, geometry same across the R7 range) for you to try
I just found the sizing for it and I think you are right as the Boardman I had before was Large in size with a 54cm seat length and it was too large for me that is why I thought I will need medium next time, but I can see that the Whyte has a 49cm seat tube length in Large so I think I will need a Large one :-) cool I am going to get it

vickster

Legendary Member
Actually I found a retailer with free shipping just now
Why not click and collect from a local store? Then they can do the 6 weeks check and fix any niggles. Buy online, you won’t get that

vickster

Legendary Member
Because there isn't any available
Yes, there are ...I posted a link to Balfes!
Notting Hill, Waterloo, Fulham, Islington plus more...they have London pretty well covered!

Attachments

• 29484EA2-4AA1-4071-A08B-C12676EE497B.png
    29484EA2-4AA1-4071-A08B-C12676EE497B.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom