Wife has agreed to let me have a dog! now trying to decide what breed...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My remarks were aimed at mike1m not puddles. This is the cafe not c&d if you want to dominate the conversation and waste 20 gazillion pages spouting your oppinion while at the same time shouting everyone else down then this conversation should be moved.

This is an area where people should respect each other and have a bit of fun. Wasn't this thread supposed to be about what dog you wanted, or have I missed the plot. ?

welsh dragon

Or of course you could just spend your time going from one thread to another like the above person making personal and or sarcastic remarks, the when someone complains you can say you were just joking and the other person has missunderstood.

[QUOTE 2727590, member: 259"]I dare you to play Poker with Herbie's dog. :ohmy:[/quote]
I'd let Herbie's dog play anything he wanted!

[QUOTE 2727610, member: 259"]In Defence of Dogs is an excellent book. Anyone who has a dog should read it.[/quote]
I may have read that plus a couple of others. Unsurprisingly, a lot of them had contradictory advice, a bit like this thread. Also unsurprisingly and not contradictorily, they mostly agreed, which I think Puddles and MichaelM do, once they get beyond the bristling. In fact I'm willing to bet they've got a lot more in common than they haven't. Love of dogs and their wellbeing, being at the heart of it.

welsh dragon

@User13710 why do I need to try and impress anyone witn my ride reports. As I have said before on this forum up until, a couple of months ago I hadn't ridden a bike for 45 years. I also freely admit that I am neither very good nor am I very fit.

Would you therefore like to take the piss out of me or the fact that i attemtping to do something abouf it. ?

OP
OP
kerndog

kerndog

ok so John Fisher's "Think Dog" is on the list of books to read as is Cesers - thanks

Why would you pay any more attention to a book that I recommend by Fisher than a book written by Cesar Milan? Read both and decide for yourself.

Are you having a pop at me now? hard to tell what you mean, you seem to be getting a bit wound up... i'm looking for advice here on what dog to get, it's moved on to how to handle a dog, which is great as it's useful info, Maybe we should call it a day at this point and move on?

I will read both books and continue to research both what breed to get and how to train that specific breed of dog and decide for my self, thanks ^_^

welsh dragon

And there we have it. This is cycling forum set up for cyclists and about cycling only. No its not, but that is what you would want.

OP
OP
kerndog

kerndog

I thought MichaelM was actually being very fair-minded and saying of course there is no reason why you would take his word rather than someone else's about those books. Good luck with the dog hunt @kerndog, most dogs are nice anyway and not at all problematic (apart from the farting).

oh right cool, just didn't understand what he meant.

Top Bottom