wife is struggling, how to breech the ability gab?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If someone can only get out and ride once or twice a MONTH. It is not because they are busy. Its because they are not interested.

I think you need a heart to heart with your other half. Your idea of cycling may not be her idea of cycling.

Sharky

Guru
If someone can only get out and ride once or twice a MONTH. It is not because they are busy. Its because they are not interested.

I think you need a heart to heart with your other half. Your idea of cycling may not be her idea of cycling.
Not being interested could be a reason, but there could be other reasons. In my case looking after a severely autistic adult makes time extremely scarce.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I quite often manage only two rides in a month. I typically only do rides that take the best part of a day and it can be hard to schedule a full day just for me to swan off on my own. It takes a significant amount of pre-planning.

I can assure you I am interested.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I quite often manage only two rides in a month. I typically only do rides that take the best part of a day and it can be hard to schedule a full day just for me to swan off on my own. It takes a significant amount of pre-planning.

I can assure you I am interested.
I agree. A full day ride can take some planning. Getting out for a couple of hours a couple of hours a week is a lot easier.

Reactions: mjr

iluvmybike

Über Member
Try riding behind her so that she can set the pace instead of always trailing behind you. We ladies often lack a bit of confidence in our abilities and need encouragement from other ladies so a breeze ride or otehr ladies group wopuld be perfect for her. Also is she riding a decent bike - I know so many couples where 'he' has the latest in all the gear and 'she' is riding round on a cheap tractor wieght bso!

CXRAndy

Guru
Just buy an ebike or fit a motor kit to her current bike. The inclines will be a breeze for her. She will be able to hold 15-16 mph which will most likely be faster than you.

Frottish

Try getting her into indoor cycling at home like Zwift, if she likes it and starts to do 30 minute rides regularly (2-3 times a week) she'll improve quickly in the real world.

Top Bottom