Wiggins down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The media can do what they want and it's obvious they just picked up stock pictures. Helmets just stop your head from a bit of gravel rash.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh and the pictures show him on his road bike with Sean Yates, when he was actually on his own and on a MTB. Oh and the pictures show a large Vauxhall Movano van which according to the media, it is 'like' a Vauxhall Astra Van - which it is clearly not !

And there is a photo of a broken wing mirror which may, or may not be from the van.

I was going to post on The Mail, but you've got to register, so didn't bother. Well the comments certainly make you think about people's attitude to cyclists. Blaming Bradley for going 'too fast' - WTF he was on a MTB. Hope Bradders get's his solicitors onto the case to sue her ar$e off !
I suspect Wiggins travels a lot faster on a MTB than most of us do on a road bike...:bicycle:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I suspect Wiggins travels a lot faster on a MTB than most of us do on a road bike...:bicycle:

I'm willing to bet the opposite. I reckon he probably goes dead slowly when he's out on a jolly or nipping down the shops or whatever. In any case, looks like it didn't help him, this time!

GWS Wiggo!!

GBC

Veteran
I know it's a programme for the hard of thinking, but Jeremy Vine is going to be talking about the accident, and how dangerous cycling is, on his show at 12.00 on Radio 2. Do I listen to it, or do I think of my high blood pressure??

GentlyBenevolent

Maybe so, but I doubt he was exceeding the 40mph speed limit.

I know it's a programme for the hard of thinking, but Jeremy Vine is going to be talking about the accident, and how dangerous cycling is, on his show at 12.00 on Radio 2. Do I listen to it, or do I think of my high blood pressure??

Argh - I hate Vine's antagonistic, hand-wringing style. I think I may listen but go somewhere quiet for a shout afterwards.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
My favourite comments are the:
"Did he have lights, Hi-Vis, helmet? Bet he didn't. Serves him right. Got everything he deserves." Type comments. As in "We don't know any details, so we will make some up and then condem him for this entirely invented situation."
Pretty much the same as 'cyclists' who lay into a motorist before knowing all the facts, assuming that the driver was at fault and not the cyclist. I know I've been knocked off a few times when it was entirely my fault...

beastie

Guru
Pretty much the same as 'cyclists' who lay into a motorist before knowing all the facts, assuming that the driver was at fault and not the cyclist. I know I've been knocked off a few times when it was entirely my fault...

That's right. We don't know who's fault the accident was, but plenty make assumptions. It sounds like a smidsy though.

Recycle

Über Member
[QUOTE 2141440, member: 9609"]Clearly its all the fault of the cyclist, not wearing a helmet, not paying road tax, not having bright enough lights and too little hi-viz, and now we have a damaged van, a shocked lady driver, an overburdened NHS and lets not forget about everyone who was held up and subsequently late for work - the economy could collapse.[/quote]
You left out: Jumping lights, riding on the pavement, weaving between vehicles, wearing lyca, riding two abreast, riding too fast, being out at the wrong time of day, not having insurance, and the fact that he shouldn't have been on the road at all but on the cyclepath and he should have been looking where he was going.
Really! You should get all your facts right!

thom

____
Don't worry :

A7LDJLNCEAIZpBz.jpg

GBC

Veteran
[QUOTE 2141440, member: 9609"]Clearly its all the fault of the cyclist, not wearing a helmet, not paying road tax, not having bright enough lights and too little hi-viz, and now we have a damaged van, a shocked lady driver, an overburdened NHS and lets not forget about everyone who was held up and subsequently late for work - the economy could collapse.[/quote]

How prescient! were you listening??

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
At least the van driver was un-injured, bloody lucky really considering the forces she must have been subject to when Wiggo collided with her.
That's right. We don't know who's fault the accident was, but plenty make assumptions. It sounds like a smidsy though.
Wonder of wonders - on BBC TV news just now they said "Bradley Wiggins is recovering in hospital after being knocked off his bicycle" - no "allegedly", no "collided with", no "in collision with", just "knocked off"! Heads will roll once the BBC legal team get to hear about it ... :whistle:

Mr Vine is the idiot I expected - the two interviewees were very credible esp the ex-pro - had his lines off pat for the predictable stupid questions - Mr Vine just continued on his own looney way as if he had not been listening - but I would expect any R2 listener with any brains (DM readers excepted) to be able to make up their own minds

Top Bottom