Wiggins down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
FFS Shane Sutton also has had an accident :

“British Cycling has confirmed that Shane Sutton, Head Coach for the GB Cycling Team, was involved in an incident this morning on the A6 near Levenshulme in Manchester. Shane was taken into hospital where it was identified he has suffered bruising and bleeding on the brain. Shane was wearing a helmet. He is set to undergo more tests, and is likely to stay in hospital for the next few days.

Get Well Soon !!!

Recycle

Über Member
That is not good news, especially not the nature of the injury.
+ 1 on the GWS

PpPete

Legendary Member
The latest from the Grauniad contains this
The AA's president Edmund King said: "This collision should act as a reminder to all drivers that we need to be more vigilant particularly when pulling out of entrances and turning at junctions.
"With autumnal weather and darker evenings it is essential to check and double-check for cyclists, pedestrians and indeed other road users before pulling out. We need to break down the 'two-tribe' mentality on the roads and co-exist in harmony."
:thumbsup:

GBC

Veteran
[QUOTE 2141533, member: 9609"]I have a knack for the bleeding obvious -

I didn't listen, how annoying was it?[/quote]

I only heard parts of it as I was working at the same time, but there was a very sensible guy on first, ex-professional rider I think, and then one who pretty much quoted verbatim what you said. After that, all I heard were the usual saddos with their irrelevant stories, so nothing really of substance.
It will all be forgotten by tomorrow, if not already:smile:

GBC

Veteran
Mr Vine is the idiot I expected - the two interviewees were very credible esp the ex-pro - had his lines off pat for the predictable stupid questions - Mr Vine just continued on his own looney way as if he had not been listening - but I would expect any R2 listener with any brains (DM readers excepted) to be able to make up their own minds

I tend to class the Jeremy Vine Show as 'Radio DM'

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Mr Vine is the idiot I expected - the two interviewees were very credible esp the ex-pro - had his lines off pat for the predictable stupid questions - Mr Vine just continued on his own looney way as if he had not been listening - but I would expect any R2 listener with any brains (DM readers excepted) to be able to make up their own minds

Vine is a class one idiot... ages ago he was presenting Eggheads (no idea why) and the team caption of the challengers introduced his twin sister. Looking directly at them both, Vine, in all his wisdom asked "Are you identical twins?"

plonker!

mumbo jumbo

"We need to break down the 'two-tribe' mentality on the roads and co-exist in harmony"

Great line from the AA guy quoted at #95 above. Hopefully this will draw similar from other motoring organisations. I've not checked but I'd be interested to know what The Times (with their high profile cycling safety campaigns etc) are saying.

fimm

Veteran
I was rather frivolously enquiring if Edmund King had lost his marbles, making sensible statments like that one...
There was some idiot BBC reporter chuntering on about the dangers of cycling earlier, humpf.

Hont

Guru
Wiggo has been discharged and was visibly pleased to see all of his friends in the media outside the Hospital:

https://twitter.com/TelegraphSport/status/266548652863008768/photo/1

andsaw

How weird was that, "How Safe Are Britain's Roads" on BBC 2 last night shown that woman drivers have more accidents than men coming out of junctions turning right and left, all down to Spatial Awareness, not being as good as mens, im not saying men are better at driving, i think were all as bad as each other, no sex is better than the other, good and bad in both, all comes down to circumstances and how we react and behave on the roads, she will probably get done for driving without due care and attention, get a fine and some points and insurance will have to pay for wiggo's bike and lose her no claims bonus, then life will carry on.

Top Bottom