Wiggins down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What a twat, the rival (to Murdoch) media will be after him now.

And not really a very good example to young cyclists, is it?

crisscross

Get well soon Bradley.
I saw him out riding earlier in the afternoon - didn't notice a Sky car then, so not sure if that is a regular occurance.
The lengths some sportsmen will go to promote their new book!
I bet the woman driver was scared stiff by the prim and proper Mrs W. she's a real wallflower!

How will it affect wheter the press are on the average joe cyclists side? I don't see it.

If you was a completely unbiased reporter and went to interview and photo Wiggoo as he came out of hospital, If he is nice and gives you the time of day, maybe you would write up the story up sympathetically showing the dangers of cycling and poor driving standards, if however Wiggo tells you to fark off and gives you the finger (remember you are only doing your job) then you are more likely to infer arogent, aggressive cyclists, riding on poorly lit bikes with inadequate hi-vis, jumping red lights etc etc,

Regardless your average motorist seeing that photo is going to make their mind up that cyclists are aggressive tossers, and sympathy will go out of the window.

how come you never made the news? its so unfair
Don't worry. I grassed her up to the lady who runs the newsagents... it'll be news where it matters soon enough :evil:

OP
OP
endoman

endoman

The more I hear about Brad, as a new cyclist, the more I like him. Been knocked of your bike and people want to take your picture when normally in Wigan / Chorley / Preston they let you get on like anyone else. Seems we have similar values, good on him. Fed up with people not being allowed to say as they feel cos it's not PC.

RedRider

Pulling through
The least it'll do is raise awareness of bike safety.

Or raise the perception of cycling as dangerous?? I fear much of the reporting has probably made the idea of road cycling more scary for most people. It was good to hear Chris Boardman injecting a bit of perspective into the debate on PM this evening. He was reiterating points he'd made back in September (fast forward to around 2:15 to avoid scaremongering report):

Top man.

Crankarm

Guru
Perhaps this is karma for voicing his crap thoughts on cycling safety just after winning his final gold at the Olympics. He does seem to be a bit of an idiot sticking his middle finger, whether it was the injured one or not, up to the paparazi. What a good image from the UK's top cyclist, not.

U

User482

Perhaps this is karma for voicing his crap thoughts on cycling safety just after winning his final gold at the Olympics. He does seem to be a bit of an idiot sticking his middle finger, whether it was the injured one or not, up to the paparazi. What a good image from the UK's top cyclist, not.
Or perhaps it isn't.

subaqua

What’s the point
"We need to break down the 'two-tribe' mentality on the roads and co-exist in harmony"

Great line from the AA guy quoted at #95 above. Hopefully this will draw similar from other motoring organisations. I've not checked but I'd be interested to know what The Times (with their high profile cycling safety campaigns etc) are saying.

I had a rather frank discussion with Mr king one afternoon about some of his sillier comments about cyclists, helmets Road tax etc. not a shouty discussion but a sensible quiet one. Maybe some of it sank in.

Top Bottom