Wiggle: anyone else having issues with delayed refunds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Returned some DHB bibs to Wiggle three weeks ago - in packaging, with tags, obviously not worn in use etc. etc. - and still not had a refund. They received them on 14th and subsequent emails advised a refund within seven days, then, when that didn't happen they promised 14 days, now still no refund and no response to last two messages of five and two days ago respectively.

Have noticed Wiggle/CRC customer service getting flakier over the last couple of years since they've driven most competition out of the market but this is particularly slack. Anyone else having problems?

D

Deleted member 26715

If you paid by credit card get them involved

OP
OP
Pedropete

Pedropete

Guru
If you paid by credit card get them involved
Thanks. I used Paypal and will be contacting them if I don't hear from Wiggle by end of today. Had a weird issue with Wiggle last year where they refused to refund a clearly faulty wheel truing stand and only got my money back by going direct to Paypal. Hence, will now only use Paypal/CC when buying from them. Based on that and this most recent experience there's no way I'd consider buying anything more expensive from them, like a bike.

Not bought anything recently but I noticed a change last time I did. Returning stuff used to be free, now you pay and the refund takes it's time but it did eventually get there but those changes make Wiggle a less attractive place to order from than it was.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pedropete

Pedropete

Guru
Not bought anything recently but I noticed a change recently. Returning stuff used to be free, now you pay and the refund takes it's time but it did eventually get there but those changes make Wiggle a less attractive place to order from than it was.
I know, I got caught out on that earlier this year when I ordered some gloves that, yet again, were miles out on their stated sizing. Bit of a shock when I realised it was only free if you return via Asda, of which we have none nearby. As others have said elsewhere, they drove competition out of the market by employing unsustainable business practices. Now that competition is significantly reduced they can ease off a bit. Shame the general customer service has taken a dive as well though.

I know, I got caught out on that earlier this year when I ordered some gloves that, yet again, were miles out on their stated sizing. Bit of a shock when I realised it was only free if you return via Asda, of which we have none nearby. As others have said elsewhere, they drove competition out of the market by employing unsustainable business practices. Now that competition is significantly reduced they can ease off a bit. Shame the general customer service has taken a dive as well though.

Also some suppliers/distributors are cracking down on the "discounting" (ie selling at less than the trade cost) now especially with bike build kits.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I heard about three years ago that it has become so commonplace to order in two or three sizes then return whatever doesn't fit for a refund that online retailers are overwhelmed by piles of returns that actually cost more to inspect, re-process and return to stock than the new goods allowed for in the original business model.

If that's true I can understand why they would be dragging their heels.

OP
OP
Pedropete

Pedropete

Guru
I’ve heard the same and, while I’ve never ordered multiple sizes myself, I do know people who have. I rarely buy clothing online (cycling or otherwise) because I’m an awkward shape and sizing guides are rarely any help in assessing if something will fit me. And, I find the whole ‘order - try it - return it - re-order...’ etc a massive pain in the backside. Add in that Wiggle now only offer free returns through a channel I don’t have easy access to and I’ve less and less reason to shop with them. I only ordered this time because I’m trying to find an alternative to my preferred bib-shorts that Decathlon have recently changed for the worse.

My issue is around the fact they’ve promised two timeframes for a refund so far and have failed to meet either of them, and now they’ve stopped responding to messages. Had they said three weeks for processing returns and refunds I’d take that into consideration when deciding if I wanted to order from them.

Ive only ever bought from Wiggle and never returned. What I have noticed the last few times, things have came in an unbranded low quality box, which is not packed as well and contains no Haribo.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Ive only ever bought from Wiggle and never returned. What I have noticed the last few times, things have came in an unbranded low quality box, which is not packed as well and contains no Haribo.
Think I heard they had problems with their supplier of Haribo. My last order had some, plus some high 5 zero tabs too.

Top Bottom