Wiggle bike return..lost in the post apparently! Further Update šŸ˜¢Further update to my further updatešŸ˜

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kbrook

Veteran
Advice and views please.
Bought a Wiggle bike didn't like it and was too small so decided to return it. It was collected by Parcel Force 10 days ago and has apparently been lost, the tracking shows it being collected from me but also shows it still sat in the depot. I have spoken to the depot who say it has definitely left there but are unable to say where it is now, they tell me it is for Wiggle to put a claim in.
Wiggle just issue their " we cannot do anything until we reveive the bike back then wait 14 days for a refund "response
The bike is Ā£1200 so not an insignificant sum, how would you proceed with taking this further. I have emailed and live chatted Wiggle several times and they just do not seem interested. I have just tweeted them to see if that grabs their attention.
At what stage would legal proceedings be appropriate? Who would the claim be against, Wiggle or Parcel Force?

vickster

Legendary Member
Advice and views please.
Bought a Wiggle bike didn't like it and was too small so decided to return it. It was collected by Parcel Force 10 days ago and has apparently been lost, the tracking shows it being collected from me but also shows it still sat in the depot. I have spoken to the depot who say it has definitely left there but are unable to say where it is now, they tell me it is for Wiggle to put a claim in.
Wiggle just issue their " we cannot do anything until we reveive the bike back then wait 14 days for a refund "response
The bike is Ā£1200 so not an insignificant sum, how would you proceed with taking this further. I have emailed and live chatted Wiggle several times and they just do not seem interested. I have just tweeted them to see if that grabs their attention.
At what stage would legal proceedings be appropriate? Who would the claim be against, Wiggle or Parcel Force?
Claim through your credit card company. Let them and Wiggle sort it out. CC company will recall the funds then itā€™s up to Wiggle to claim through Parcel Force.
That should avoid you having to pursue legal proceedings.
In the meantime, send a letter by recorded delivery to the CEO of Wiggle explaining what you have done

si_c

Guru
It depends who paid for the parcel force return - if it was Wiggle arranged then I would expect them to deal with it as though they have the bike as there is confirmation that you returned it to them and they should be able to see that.

If you organised the return yourself with parcelforce then your recourse at this point is with them and not Wiggle.

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
It depends who paid for the parcel force return - if it was Wiggle arranged then I would expect them to deal with it as though they have the bike as there is confirmation that you returned it to them and they should be able to see that.

If you organised the return yourself with parcelforce then your recourse at this point is with them and not Wiggle.
It was Wiggle who arranged the return which I why I have said to them wherever this bike is now it is their problem. It's the lack of interest from both Wiggle and ParcelForce that has got me all hot and bothered!

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks Vickster, unfortunately paid by debit card, lesson learnt!
You may still be able to do a chargeback, talk to bank.
Still write to the CEO

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Thanks Vickster, unfortunately paid by debit card, lesson learnt!
Although your rights are not as solid as with a credit card, it would still be worthwhile giving your bank a call. However, in these Covid times Wiggle have not exactly been known to be reacting to customers returns well, never mind Parcefarce who could have easily have 'lost' the parcel. I would wait a few more days then give Wiggle another go and if that does not work out try your bank.

si_c

Guru
I'd contact customer services at this point and insist on talking to a manager explain the situation again to them and clearly lay out what you expect of them and importantly over what time frame and then what course of action you will take should this fail. Follow this up with a recorded delivery letter sent to their customer services team and as @vickster says CC'd to their CEO.

I'd expect that them starting the process of doing a refund within 7 days would be reasonable. Should this fail then the course of action is first contacting your bank to do the chargeback - it's a straightforward process and can usually be done online. Mrs C recently did this and it took about 30 days from starting the process to getting the money back - so it's not particularly quick. Make sure you let them know that you will be persuing this though as I beleive a chargeback results in costs at the merchant end. The last resort if this fails is to go through the Small Claims Court which takes longer again and involves extra fees although AIUI you can claim those back too.

Ultimately though the quickest way to get this solved is to let Wiggle process the refund, you may just need to nudge them a bit as there customer services droids will have a stock response of "once we get it you get your money" and this doesn't account for the particulars of your situation.

DSK

FWIW

I recently had to approach citizens advice/trading standards and a solicitor over a set of wheels I returned to Wiggle, then didn't hear a pip squeak out of for the best part of a month. It was advised, I send them a recorded letter and then, if no luck, we go take it further. Upon receiving the letter, the responses were instant as well as the refund!

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
FWIW

I recently had to approach citizens advice/trading standards and a solicitor over a set of wheels I returned to Wiggle, then didn't hear a pip squeak out of for the best part of a month. It was advised, I send them a recorded letter and then, if no luck, we go take it further. Upon receiving the letter, the responses were instant as well as the refund!
What did you write in the letter? And who was it addressed to?

Many thanks

Top Bottom