Wiggle bike return..lost in the post apparently! Further Update šŸ˜¢Further update to my further updatešŸ˜

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I have had similar with Amazon. Still waiting after 13 days for a refund for a frame fit pump that didn't! Fit that is lol.
I am very surprised at that they are normally exceptional, I ordered something from the US on the Thursday, it arrived Monday wrong items ordered by me, I wanted 7174 but ordered 7179 (no idea how) they collected Wednesday at their cost, got money back on Monday, I did lose out slightly as exchange rate had changed, but Ā£2 who crares.
Update... it would appear that a public tweet has got their attention, they have responded saying they are looking into it.
Like most of these things it's getting to the right person, they are in every company the ones that will just DO IT, sort it out & worry about sorting the paperwork out after the customer is sorted, but trying to get to that person through all the ones that don't give a stuff is the hard part.

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
Further update.... just had a call from Parcel Force, they've just found my bike stuck in the warehouse, having told me previously it has been dispatched , so hopefully will be on its way soon. Thanks everyone

So partial apologies to Wiggle but their customer communication is still crap

DSK

What did you write in the letter? And who was it addressed to?

Many thanks

It was addressed to customer services or returns (IIRC).

Suite 310 Third Floor N E Wing, 1000 Lakeside, Portsmouth, PO6 3EN

The body was something like this;

> formalities, order number etc

> A return for order was made one XXXX as per your instructions. Attached is a copy of the collection receipt. It's <date> and between this date and the return being shipped to you, I have failed to get any response to my emails as well as not being able to contact yourselves by chat or phone.

Time line of events
>order
>recieved
>fitted date (with Evans work note)
>storage
>use
>issues staring to arise
>contact Wiggle
>return process commenced
> dates of chase up emails over 4 weeks with no response

I have approached Trading Standards and my local solicitor for advice, whom have advised from the above events and the consumer rights act I am entitled to x/y/z. As this is a small open/shut case which, should result in a repair/replacement/refund, I've been advised to write to you before further action is taken.

Due to length of time without communications from the above timeline, I will reject the repair option but, accept a replacement/refund.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They said, they can't repair and have no more stock so cannot offer a replacement either. I need to wait an extra week before they can issue the refund or they can give me a store voucher immediately.

I said, well why has it taken so long to advise of this and in the case that no replacement is available, I will take a refund now as there is no reason why I should wait an extra week for it. They promptly initiated a refund and now I shop elsewhere, having spent Ā£3000 between Colyford Cycles and Kinetic-one with nothing but praise.

I no longer will use any stores that do not have a phone number and a shop.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've had two packages of bike parts stolen, oops I mean lost by Parcel Farce in the last two months. I believe there's systematic pilferage happening.

vickster

Legendary Member
I tend to avoid businesses that use parcel force to do their deliverys. Not a very good courier
Better than Yodel :ohmy:

The advantage of PF I found when sending some wheels is that they, unlike most couriers, don't charge ridiculous amounts for insurance over Ā£25 and will actually take large boxes (unlike Hermes for example)

Badger_Boom

Ɯber Member

The advantage of PF I found when sending some wheels is that they, unlike most couriers, don't charge ridiculous amounts for insurance over Ā£25 and will actually take large boxes (unlike Hermes for example)
They do take big things, but their mangling skills appear to be second to none. I bought one of those steel crash-proof trasport boxes for our dog. It arrived looking as if it had been hurled off the back of a truck onto the tarmac with three of the bottom corners stoved in, and the front bent so badly that the door won't close. They're still haggling over a re-fund three weeks later.

D

Deleted member 26715

Think we've had this conversation before, but all the carriers are only as good as the people they employ, with the race to the bottom on prices the quality of staff has also gone down.

vickster

Legendary Member
Think we've had this conversation before, but all the carriers are only as good as the people they employ, with the race to the bottom on prices the quality of staff has also gone down.
And quite possibly due to the massive increase in couriers due to the boom in online shopping

vickster

Legendary Member
They do take big things, but their mangling skills appear to be second to none. I bought one of those steel crash-proof trasport boxes for our dog. It arrived looking as if it had been hurled off the back of a truck onto the tarmac with three of the bottom corners stoved in, and the front bent so badly that the door won't close. They're still haggling over a re-fund three weeks later.
Never had an issue myself but Iā€™m sure it happens with all. Yodel wouldā€™ve just hurled it over the fence for good measure

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~

Yodel are bad in terms of that a lot of my stuff that they deliver somehow has the outer packaging obliterated like they have a herd of cats working at their depots but they always deliver and they have always come to collect items when i have booked them using parcel2go or when a retailer has arranged pickup of a faulty items or things that i want to return.

Parcel force on the other hand... well they lose things, deliver things to the wrong address two blocks away and they rarely turn up on the arranged dates you booked for collection. Ive had a retailer have to book another courier for collection when parcel force failed to turn up for an entire week despite them chasing it up with them and they couldnt get a proper answer out of them.

Im not saying that this doesnt happen with any other courier. Of course it does but more often than not its Parcel Force.

Yodel used to be pretty bad. Hermes used to be pretty bad too. But theyve gotten better in the last 5-8years

Top Bottom