Wiggle out of stock items

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Just a general observation and it could be just what I’m looking at ( tyres ) but Wiggle seem to lack quite a bit of stock ! Who bought whom here was it CRC who bought Wiggle or the other way round ? The impression is of a company running stock down??

alicat

Legendary Member
Wiggle bought CRC.

vickster

Legendary Member
Supply issues? Annual stock change over, running down 2017 to make room for 2018

People buying autumn/winter tyres?

At least you know out of stock at time of looking, unlike Tredz who don't tell you for a few days

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I have been there a few times and found stuff out of stock one minute, then back in stock - but at a higher price the next

A Deore BB was the last time it happened and I ended getting an XT one instead - for less money.

Jason

Tredz, Je James and Wiggle are low on merchandise , as they sell off 2017 stock , but all 3 offered my money back if I didn't want to wait for said item to arrive. Wasn't in a rush so no issue

gaijintendo

Veteran
The thing that annoys me about oos items is, the one out of stock item is commonly much cheaper, and they display that price on the item search result.

When they restock it, guess what? It isn't the low price any more.

hoopdriver

Guru
I've given up on Wiggle and CRC - searches on their websites invariably lead you to their sale items which are either out of stock or have, like, one left in size XXXS or XXXL. I can't be bothered. And anyway we have a very nice local bicycle shop in our town and I would much rather buy from them.

lazyfatgit

When you can get a pair of tyres delivered (with free tubes) from the other side of the world for less than the cost of a single tyre locally, it's worth waiting for stuff to come back in stock.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Its cost them a fortune buying CRC and trying to rationalise stock and warehousing the costs and losses are eye watering. Guessing this might be playing a part in it. Trying to centralise stock, product ranges, picking on this scale must be a nightmare

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I will tend to buy from Wiggle rather than CRC if the price is the same (or usually a penny cheaper) and my Gold Loyalty Discount sometimes comes in handy, plus you get 2% cashback on Quidco, as apposed to 1% on CRC.

Delivery is usually better/cheaper on Wiggle too, plus they do a (better) Saturday delivery.

Top Bottom