Wiggle out of stock items

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I often buy from CRC, but not if I am in a rush. Their delivery is slow as a slug. Ive had international orders arrived in similar times that CRC do for the UK mainland. It is a piss take.

They used to be quick to be honest using RM, however back to Wiggle again, just searched on a front light I had bought and was looking for some info on it for spare batteries and up pops Wiggle with a super offer on it and guess what yep its out of stock PMSL .

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I’ve started using Merlin cycles for my last few orders (3 out of the last 5) fairly priced, if it’s says in stock , it is and turns up in 48 hours tracked via Royal Mail.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Notice wiggle have bought Bike24.de so not cash problems, also read that overseas sales were larger than UK.

Tredz was shown in stock, but they had ot order stuff in, in this day and age a non live stock website is next to useless. They have lost a few sale from me because I don't want to wait and cannot be bothered otwait for a reply asking if they have stock.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I’ve started using Merlin cycles for my last few orders (3 out of the last 5) fairly priced, if it’s says in stock , it is and turns up in 48 hours tracked via Royal Mail.

I had three wheelsets from them (two built to order)
Previously bought my old BB7 and (more recently) LX Trekking brakes from them

Excellent value and service

bpsmith

Veteran
As it happens, it's Merlin that I have noticed most recently when looking for deals with stock actually showing on their site. Not ordered yet, to find out if true, but appears that way from above posts at least.

I just found out that we have a staff deal where you can pay for a gift code and save 7% with Evans. They also pricematch Wiggle and a couple of others, so going to do some comparisons to see how I can combine the two in order to save a touch more on my next order. Do love a bargain...when actually in stock. :smile:

bpsmith

Veteran
Dodgy Wiggle again!

Been thinking of getting the De Rosa Idol Dura Ace bike from them as it was on for around £2,200 or so. Spoke to them via Live Chat yesterday and they had plenty of stock in all colours bar 1 size in the Blue. I queried if the stock was right and they confirmed it.

Checked this morning and it’s now on their early Black Friday deals page for £1,599...but guess what...EVERY SIZE IN EVERY COLOUR IS...OUT OF STOCK...

They had stock very late last night strangely enough. What a way to do business.

bpsmith

Veteran
:eek:

Pitch forks !!! Get your pitch forks here !!!
Lol. Just disappointed, as got my head around buying it today. :sad:

Reality appears that it never existed?

They had stock very late last night strangely enough. What a way to do business.
I can't get my head around this. It makes no sense as a business practice. It would only have the effect it's had on you: frustration and and disappointment. No one is going to arrive on the Wiggle site to find the bike they wanted and buy a different bike, when other shops are just a click away.

All they are doing is trashing their brand. It's mystifying.

PS can someone please explain to me what Black Friday aka The Day After Thanksgiving is doing in a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving?

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
PS can someone please explain to me what Black Friday aka The Day After Thanksgiving is doing in a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving?

I have to admit, when I first saw Black Friday mentioned a few years back, I thought it was something completely different :blush:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Pitch forks !!! Get your pitch forks here !!!
I wanted to but then you cancelled my order and said they were out of stock...

I have to admit, when I first saw Black Friday mentioned a few years back, I thought it was something completely different :blush:
It's nice to commemorate the collapse of Overend, Gurney & company by rescuing some shops from bankruptcy and pushing others over the brink, isn't it?

bpsmith

Veteran
I can't get my head around this. It makes no sense as a business practice. It would only have the effect it's had on you: frustration and and disappointment. No one is going to arrive on the Wiggle site to find the bike they wanted and buy a different bike, when other shops are just a click away.

All they are doing is trashing their brand. It's mystifying.

Can you make any other judgement on why they are doing it? I certainly can’t either, but agree with you too.

The only thing I can assume is either they sold around 70 of them in the early hours, or the just want it to look like they have crazy deals coming so that you keep going back there for weeks and eventually buy something?

bpsmith

Veteran
No. I've been trying to explain it as a software glitch, but that is not holding up, especially after your experience. Plus it's going on too long. Even disasters can be fixed (or rolled back) in this sort of time.
It’s actually on their Black Friday deal as Sold Out. This is a feature on the main landing page of their site. Definitely would have been changed by now.

The bike was silly priced at £2,249, but at £1,599 was amazing. I didn’t have the cash yesterday or would have ordered at the higher price.

There are zero customer reviews of that product too, which is suspect when other great deals have loads of reviews.

Top Bottom