Wiggle out of stock items

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well they are not exactly raking it in at the mo;

https://www.retail-week.com/sectors...-widen-despite-climbing-sales/7026367.article

Selling stuff at way below retail and making a loss,who'd have thought it :whistle:

Although to be fair the losses are mostly due to the CRC takeover.

You have to wonder though that some stuff from Shimano is cheaper than the 'trade' price from official distributors Madison :unsure:.

Last edited:

Buck

Guru
The issue with Wiggle is they have just changed their stock management software which has led to incorrect t stock figures and no re-ordering in their system.

I had two orders that were placed with them - both showing stock - that were then cancelled by Wiggle. I was a bit annoyed as I ordered from them as they were in stock and I wanted them for a weekends fettling so got in touch with their customer service department and they told me the above.

I ended up buying from Ribble on that occasion.

They may well have stock on back order as well as the seasonal switch over which combined cause quite a few stock issues.

I ordered some other bits from them a week or so ago and all items in stock and duly delivered.

bpsmith

Veteran
I had the same issue on a pair of Ultegra calipers recently. Was all set to collect from local corner shop and they just didn’t arrive. No email to advise either. When calling, the said that they couldn’t get the stock and said about the new system mentioned above. Website showed 10+ for both calipers. Checked my statement and they had charged and refunded me 6 times. During this time, I missed out on a very similar price with a competitor (not CRC).

They then cane up as out of stock for a week and finally showed back in stock but with lower numbers. Went on chat to make sure, before ordering, and the system was wrong again.

Strangely, they were £25 with them, with CRC being second cheapest at £38 when I ended up buying them.

It’s definitrly a scam to get you to their site, from Google or the likes of websites like Bikesy.

It’s definitrly a scam to get you to their site, from Google or the likes of websites like Bikesy.
No, it's not. Wiggle are not trashing their reputation to get a few more clicks. They were already the default place for many to buy for people from as far away as Australia. They would not throw that away.

They've either got shitty software as they claim, or - less likely - they overextended themselves buying CRC and are in trouble.

bpsmith

Veteran
No, it's not. Wiggle are not trashing their reputation to get a few more clicks. They were already the default place for many to buy for people from as far away as Australia. They would not throw that away.

They've either got shitty software as they claim, or - less likely - they overextended themselves buying CRC and are in trouble.
I would normally agree with you, as have been a regular customer for quite some time. To list calipers for £25 each, when the cheapest elsewhere are £38, but not actually have stock is a touch wrong don’t you think?

They were more expensive prior to them not having stock too, as I have been watching multiple sites hoping that the 6800 version would drop now R8000 is properly in stock.

vickster

Legendary Member
I can blame Half-odds for continuing it rather than correcting it... but then their main website misleads about stock too - not quite lying but apparently nothing is ever out of stock and it's just not available until some specified time.
What other than plenty of items labelled as discontinued. That’s pretty clear surely

bpsmith

Veteran
Have a look at the wheels section on Wiggle. Order it by highest discount and see the vast range of “Out of Stock” items. As above, Bait and Switch boys, Bait and Switch!

How else do you explain a wheelset being £200 less in Shimano fitment, when they only have the Campag fit in stock...whilst a different wheelswt being the opposite way around when the Shimano is the option in stock?

I like Wiggle and Chain Reaction, and have bought plenty from them, but since the acquisition this scenario has happened a whole lot more. Does make me search elsewhere nowadays tbh.

I've given up on Wiggle and CRC - searches on their websites invariably lead you to their sale items which are either out of stock or have, like, one left in size XXXS or XXXL. I can't be bothered. And anyway we have a very nice local bicycle shop in our town and I would much rather buy from them.

I often buy from CRC, but not if I am in a rush. Their delivery is slow as a slug. Ive had international orders arrived in similar times that CRC do for the UK mainland. It is a piss take.

Top Bottom