Wild Camping in Perth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boopop

Guru
All the campsites in Perth are booked due to a festival, d'oh! Would it be legal for me to wild camp in Kinnoull Hill Woodland park, or would that count as "enclosed land"? Thanks. :smile:

snorri

Legendary Member
The park appears to be owned jointly by P&K Council and the Forestry Commission, I can't find anything on the park website regarding a camping ban, in fact the Forestry Commision gives a little encouragement........

Wild camping
Camping wild in the forest can be fun if you're hardy. Please choose a campsite that’s well away from buildings, roads and our recreation facilities and do your best to leave no trace of your stay. This type of camping is lightweight and done in small numbers, for only two or three nights in a place. Overnight parking of cars and campervans is not permitted.

Go for it!

No idea but its beautiful, enjoy :-)

206926_5949924481_4755_n.jpg
208046_5949919481_4538_n.jpg

The park appears to be owned jointly by P&K Council and the Forestry Commission, I can't find anything on the park website regarding a camping ban, in fact the Forestry Commision gives a little encouragement........

Wild camping
Camping wild in the forest can be fun if you're hardy. Please choose a campsite that’s well away from buildings, roads and our recreation facilities and do your best to leave no trace of your stay. This type of camping is lightweight and done in small numbers, for only two or three nights in a place. Overnight parking of cars and campervans is not permitted.

Go for it!
That's very reasonable. "small numbers" could be a few. And I thought they would say one night, not two or three. Is that the Forestry Commissions's policy all over the UK or just north of the border?

Top Bottom