Wild camping.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Would love to see one but don't think it will happen any time soon sadly.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Probably a good few do that. Camp surreptitiously, make it as though you were never there, cause no offence. If someone asks you to move on, accept it with good grace. Sort of appeals to me.

My boss is / was playing that game for the first time this past Saturday night (….was going canoeing in the middle of nowhere Sat afternoon). All the above sounds fair - apart from him in particular getting caught and moving on with good grace. That; I would pay to see 🤣🤣

Psamathe

When I'm out cycling locally I look around for places for possible wild camping - not because I want to camp but out of interest and I see nowhere. My local rides are all rural Norfolk, mostly single track country lanes but virtually nowhere not obvious to the many dog walkers or in view of a "farmhouse" (often a modern brick bungalow).

I've never wild camped, mainly because when i do cycle tour, after setting-up camp I start drinking coffee and I do seem to need a tap (despite carrying nearly 2L water). So for me it's water that is a limiting factor.

Ian

Psamathe

I think the UK's laws on "ownership" are a real shame. It gets into more political points but when a very few mega wealthy "own" vast areas on land they don't need nor use yet their priority seems to be to stop others from enjoying it without damaging it. What does that say about these "owners" (but do they care?).

Ian

Top Bottom