Will the new mandatory face covering laws on public transport push up bike sales still further?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Boots sell type II which are non surgical grade. Not to be confused with type IIR which are fluid repellent.IIR are specified to be used in hospitals, care homes etc.
Boots and other high street retailers and eBay and Amazon aren't allowed to sell surgical grade products
We're wearing type 1 in the lab.

Julia9054

Guru
Just bought a pack of 10 washable ones from Amazon. Not that I have any intention of going near any yukky public transport but thought it was prudent to get some in before there is a massive rush on them.

Slick

Guru
Just bought a pack of 10 washable ones from Amazon. Not that I have any intention of going near any yukky public transport but thought it was prudent to get some in before there is a massive rush on them.
I did the same a few weeks back, and a couple from people raising money for charity as I think they will become mandatory in a number of settings eventually.

Link please julia
I ordered some a while ago, they never turned up
Edit, can the ones you ordered be used with glasses?

Julia9054

Guru

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I have an 8 mile commute which I do rain or shine and it's perfectly manageable (I keep spare clothes at work).Sometimes I walk in if it's a really nice day-I can always get a lift home if I need to. I have a Buff as well, which is handy.

D

Deleted member 26715

I have an 8 mile commute which I do rain or shine and it's perfectly manageable (I keep spare clothes at work).Sometimes I walk in if it's a really nice day-I can always get a lift home if I need to. I have a Buff as well, which is handy.
Not to derail the original question, but to lots of people an 8 mile commute, is 1 hours cycling, 2.5 hours walking, if you do an 8 hour days, that extends it to 10 or 13 hours where do you get the extra time in each day? I'm currently working from my garden 40 foot from my bed & I still can't get everything done.

MarkF

Guru
Im the same , manual job too so they give us 2 a day but after a while the inside is wet with exhaled breath after a while .We cannot even walk across the car park without one so i have to carry on in my saddlebag and put it on as soon as i park up.

I think 2 hours was the limit for single use disposable masks? Once damp, a new one is needed regardless. I am often thinking that I am going to get a respiratory disease trying to avoid one.......

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Not to derail the original question, but to lots of people an 8 mile commute, is 1 hours cycling, 2.5 hours walking, if you do an 8 hour days, that extends it to 10 or 13 hours where do you get the extra time in each day? I'm currently working from my garden 40 foot from my bed & I still can't get everything done.
You don't do extra jobs till the weekend 😁
I commute near enough 10 each way and basically it's about another 15_20 mins each way compared to the car

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Wearing some silly bit of material over your face is going to do diddly squat. If you are crammed into a crowded commuter train or some other confined space where people are breathing all over each other, if someone has got the virus and you haven't already had it yourself and become immune, then you're getting it - simple as that. Accept it or don't go near anyone else for the next year or more!.

Tom B

Guru
Have they defined what a face covering is?

A lot of this coronavirus legislation is so rushed and loose to the point of being useless.

Who is going to be enforcing it?

Top Bottom