Will the new mandatory face covering laws on public transport push up bike sales still further?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
It's my understanding that the masks with outlet valves produce streams of vapour ..possibly infecting anyone well beyond the 2 metre point ..

Mr Whyte

Is it the sort with filters that have values ? If so they are one way ie out. They may give you a level of protection but not others.
Which is the whole point of public face covering mine protects you , yours protects me.

It looks like you have to turn and press to unclip the filter holder, and then you can put a New filter in place.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It's my understanding that the masks with outlet valves produce streams of vapour ..possibly infecting anyone well beyond the 2 metre point ..
Mod Note:
Hi @Landsurfer, could you possibly insert a link to a reputable source for this?
We are trying to stay away from hear say on Covid19 threads, in order not to spread false info.
Cheers,
The Mods.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I think this is an area where there's a lack of evidence is how far virus particles are spread - I've been searching and can't see anything that backs up the 'further than 2 metre point'. I agree that they won't protect others in close proximity if the wearer is infected but it's hard to see that they will be any worse than not wearing a face mask. Also as @Dave Slant says, some of these have a filter both sides and some filter both in and out. So, it's all a bit more complicated than the reference from Healthline.

Mr Whyte

So .. 2 outlet valves ...? thats good then ...

Looks like Amazon have not got it in, but I got it as soon as the lockdown came in and wore it on the bus a few times.

If wearing a mask gives you confidence, makes you feel safer, then it has to be a good thing.

I will only wear it now if I know I will be very close to any one while out walking our dog.

Julia9054

Guru
Here is my prototype new improved facemask for wearers of glasses. I took the crappy single layer ones I bought from amazon and made it double layer with the red fabric. I inserted picture hanging wire into the top seam so it can be moulded to the nose. Sewing is a bit rough as it is a prototype. You can buy the mouldable nose pieces that are sewn into proper masks on Amazon so when they arrive next week I will knock up a batch (with neater sewing) using the other 9 rubbish masks from last week’s purchase

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Boots are still selling the medical waterproof masks. I got my mum some and dropped them round to her yesterday, as she’s not happy about being in public areas without some form of face protection. I also bought myself one of these.

Underneath the bidons is a Bianchi owners club buff, which has got a built in filter.

The law requires the wearing of face coverings when on public transport. Not masks. The idea is to limit the likelihood of spread in an enclosed space along with social distancing rather than the prevention of spread.

Top Bottom