Will the new mandatory face covering laws on public transport push up bike sales still further?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Have they defined what a face covering is?

A lot of this coronavirus legislation is so rushed and loose to the point of being useless.

Who is going to be enforcing it?
They defined it as being at least 3 layers thick.

Tom B

Guru

Grannies net curtains it is then...

lane

Veteran
I don't intend to go anywhere I am required to wear a mask. Possible exception with NHS now that is required but I will try to avoid that as well.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Wearing some silly bit of material over your face is going to do diddly squat. If you are crammed into a crowded commuter train or some other confined space where people are breathing all over each other, if someone has got the virus and you haven't already had it yourself and become immune, then you're getting it - simple as that. Accept it or don't go near anyone else for the next year or more!.
I agree, unfortunately an 80 quid fine is an 80 quid fine.

Slick

Guru
No_one is going to be picked up on/prosecuted for a layering deficiency though are they?
In any case I had the idea that buffs were OK/permitted for general public use?
That was the answer to the question asked which I assume is more for effectiveness than compliance. To be fair, I also thought any face covering would do, and I think they probably would as who is going to check, but they are unlikely to be effective which I think is the basis for some questioning their use at all.

Tom B

Guru

I don't think the British Trainspotting Police are going to be on the number 6 bus from Arseend to Bumbottom.

Of course they may take a non hard line 4 es, engage, educate, explain and finally only if you really must and there is no option and it doesn't upset anyone too much enforce.

4 es explained here.
https/www.polfed.org/news-media/latest-news/2020/guidance-issued-on-new-police-powers/

Someone posted a picture on Facebook of a local train having 7 in 8 seats marked as out of use. The line is usually crush loaded on peak and often standing room only off peak. The annoying thing was a family of 3 spread out over 24 seats despite living together.

Julia9054

Guru
can the ones you ordered be used with glasses?
And the answer is . . .

tom73

Guru

The Health Minister in wales has yes but the official line is face covering that covers your mouth and nose.
The thinking behind it and the science that supports it. Is all about limiting the infection.
Which is different to health care settings which is all about preventing infection.

Top Bottom