Will this SIM card fit this phone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have one of these.
It never occurred to me that you would call vodafone from a landline, rather than the device you are calling them about. And that - bless - you use a corded phone at home.

Perhaps DT's had trouble with Vodaphone before?
trump-phone.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
It never occurred to me that you would call vodafone from a landline, rather than the device you are calling them about. And that - bless - you use a corded phone at home.
They'd normally require you to insert the new SIM card, whilst talking to them. Not normally possible, if you're calling using the same handset.

Another question. If i leave my old SIM card out,will it still accept text messages while it's out. Meaning will they come up when/if i put it back in?
Yes. The network will keep them for a few days and deliver them within a few hours of you putting the sim back. Eventually it will tell the sender it couldn't be delivered. So if you do this, pop the old sim in every few days.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes. The network will keep them for a few days and deliver them within a few hours of you putting the sim back. Eventually it will tell the sender it couldn't be delivered. So if you do this, pop the old sim in every few days.
Can also delete any on the cards when swapping.

potsy

Rambler
write off any credit
That thud was the sound of Accy fainting.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Which number do you want, the old one or the new one? Chose one and write off any credit on the other as part of the price of getting a new phone.

I have the £10 credit and free texts for a month(started last Thursday)on the new card. I'll use the new card till that credit runs out then maybe put my old one back in and buy a £10 top up,though if i do that i'll have the 45p IOU deducted off my top up. Mmm,decisions decisions about what to do. I might put this to a poll?:unsure:

I have the £10 credit and free texts for a month(started last Thursday)on the new card. I'll use the new card till that credit runs out then maybe put my old one back in and buy a £10 top up,though if i do that i'll have the 45p IOU deducted off my top up. Mmm,decisions decisions about what to do. I might put this to a poll?:unsure:

Um, so did you actually activate it? If not, it won't have started yet.

this says it's a £10 top up. Are you sure there isn't a voucher in the box or on your receipt? If there is, you could apply it to your current number.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Um, so did you actually activate it? If not, it won't have started yet.

this says it's a £10 top up. Are you sure there isn't a voucher in the box or on your receipt? If there is, you could apply it to your current number.

I've found the voucher. It says.... To find out your new mobile number dial 100,yet on the envelope that the voucher came in it has what i presume is the number on it. Someone's just phoned my landline to tell me they couldn't get through to my mobile. This is all very confusing,i'm going to put the old SIM back in for now and use up that IOU.

Top Bottom