Winchester to London 100mile Ride 2nd July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

deckertim

For some reason I already have tix for the 07:35 - so please don't include me in your groupsave calculations.

Tim, you have modified gps files on your work email - to include the Gomshall manoeuvre.

Thanks for that. How did you do it?

I have sent a PM to everyone with my contact details.

Just checked Metcheck and the wind has dropped to a respectable 9mph westerly. :smile:

redjedi

Über Member
I'm going to bail out of this ride.

After last weeks 200+ miler I'm not yet in the mood for more long rides, especially as I need to see if my new saddle will be kinder to me, and a 100m ride is not the place to test it.

I will probably be out if it's nice and could find myself heading towards Box Hill so may try to intercept you at the cafe. Do you have an approx ETA for Box Hill (I know it'll be hard to say at this point)?

U

User10571

Thanks for that. How did you do it?

I re-drew it using the one you posted as a guide - so, in the interests of good housekeeping (and not getting lost!) it'd be prudent to run a critical eye over it, in case I've fluffed it somewhere along the way.

I've never managed to get the Drag Edit feature to do what I want it to either.

OP
OP
D

deckertim

After last weeks 200+ miler I'm not yet in the mood for more long rides, especially as I need to see if my new saddle will be kinder to me, and a 100m ride is not the place to test it.

I will probably be out if it's nice and could find myself heading towards Box Hill so may try to intercept you at the cafe. Do you have an approx ETA for Box Hill (I know it'll be hard to say at this point)?

I don't think we will be stopping at the Box Hill Cafe as it only just after our lunch stop at the Compasses, Gomshall. Although we may stop at the Garden Centre here, which is about 80 miles. It will depend how people feel.
http://www.plantandl...l%20Centre.aspx

I expect we will get to the lunch stop between 1 and 1.30pm.

Alberto

Hi all,

I'd like to join if it's not too late? I would be catching the 7:35 from Waterloo and have a railcard if there's not enough people for the Groupsaver 4?

Many thanks to deckertim for organising!

Alberto

OP
OP
D

deckertim

I'd like to join if it's not too late? I would be catching the 7:35 from Waterloo and have a railcard if there's not enough people for the Groupsaver 4?

Alberto

Updated list. We have had a few dropped out and one new Joiner. Welcome Alberto

Meeting at London
Deckertim
Ianrauk
DavyWalnuts
RB58
iZap
User10571
Alberto

Joining at Winchester.
StuAff
MacB

Alberto

Fantastic, looking forward to it! If you can send the route via pm that would be great. Thanks again

what saddle did you get Luke?

OP
OP
D

deckertim

How much will the ticket cost with groupsave?

There should be 6 of us on the groupsave. As far as I can see this works out at £58.05 for a 3 person person ticket x 2 = £116.10 / 3 = £19.35 each
Someone mentioned they had a railcard. Will this get us a further discount?

iZaP

Über Member
There should be 6 of us on the groupsave. As far as I can see this works out at £58.05 for a 3 person person ticket x 2 = £116.10 / 3 = £19.35 each
Someone mentioned they had a railcard. Will this get us a further discount?

Nope. 20 quid will be the cheapest option.

It's either the railcard or the groupsaver option.

U

User10571

There will be 5 on the ticket now as iZap has one already. So the cost goes down to £17.58

Ummm..... Groupsave only works in multiples of 3 or 4 passengers. You can't put 5 on one ticket.

3 for the price of two or, the more desirable, 4 for the price of 2.

Although I already have a ticket, I do have a network rail card which could plausibly be deployed on the day IYSWIM.

EDIT - Railcard cannot be used in conjunction with Groupsave.

Top Bottom