Winchester to London 100mile Ride 2nd July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Tim, having had a think I'd like to join the ride first half only and, assuming the lunch stop is no further than The Compasses at Gomshall, will peel away after lunch, otherwise I'll peel away anyway :biggrin: . Figure I can manage a bit more pace for the early bit and then amble home at my own pace with the option to hop a train from Guildford. I'll plan on getting the 0733 from Farnborough getting me in to Winchester at 0818, hopefully avoiding any trains overcrowded with bikes.

U

User10571

Could you add my name to the list please, Tim.
Ta.

Question:
Is the route you posted in #34 the one we'll be using?

OP
OP
D

deckertim

Could you add my name to the list please, Tim.
Ta.

Question:
Is the route you posted in #34 the one we'll be using?

It is. Although I need to make a slight adjustment at the 52 mile mark to take us to the lunch stop at Gomshall. We will then go East on the A25 until we pick up the road to Ranmore common.

I am also not so sure of the route North from the top of Titsey Hill at the 85.5 mile mark. I intend to carry on East at this point to go home to Rochester. Are you riding back into town? I would be more than happy if anyone wants to change this, particularly as I won't be there! There is probably a nicer route through Brockley to get up to Waterloo.

U

User10571

It is. Although I need to make a slight adjustment at the 52 mile mark to take us to the lunch stop at Gomshall. We will then go East on the A25 until we pick up the road to Ranmore common.

I am also not so sure of the route North from the top of Titsey Hill at the 85.5 mile mark. I intend to carry on East at this point to go home to Rochester. Are you riding back into town? I would be more than happy if anyone wants to change this, particularly as I won't be there! There is probably a nicer route through Brockley to get up to Waterloo.

I'm on don't-need-a-map territory at the top of Titsey Hill and I live about a mile to the south of Brockley - so yeah, depending on who hasn't peeled off at that stage, and on what I have left in my legs I could pilot a civilised route via Brockley if required.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Where at Winchester station are we all meeting? There are car parks either side, and this might cause confusion (did the last time I went there!). I suggest the main entrance (Swan Lane)- there's a coffee shop there, and we'll be heading out that way.....start about 9ish?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Where at Winchester station are we all meeting? There are car parks either side, and this might cause confusion (did the last time I went there!). I suggest the main entrance (Swan Lane)- there's a coffee shop there, and we'll be heading out that way.....start about 9ish?

9ish means you will be early Stu as we wont be getting there until about 9.30-9.40ish

edit: Ignore me I'm talking rubbish

U

User10571

Without wishing to rock the boat (too much) ....

What are the chances of a short stop / tea breakette before the lunch stop at 52 miles? - which in my book is a tad far to ride without a break although, of course, I'll go with the majority.

OP
OP
D

deckertim

Oh the fun of being the organiser! In one of my earlier posts I had suggested that we should be trying for the 7.35 train, with the intention of us starting the ride in Winchester around 9.00am. So we need to meet at 7.25 at the latest so we can buy a groupsave. I hope this is OK. Ian can you get up in time? If we can't all get on this train there is another at 7.39 and another at 7:50.

So see you all at the clock inside the station at 7.25.

User10571 thanks for the suggestion of the coffee break. Great idea. 25-30 miles is my normal limit without some cake! We will be going very near the Greko Grill at the 28 mile point. I have checked and they are open on Saturday Morning.
http://maps.google.c...dB9yOjAfLrOzEBw

Up to date list. Based on what people have said so far. I will PM everyone just to get them to confirm.
DeckerTim
Ianrauk
Gregcollins
redjedi
Becs
DavyWalnuts
SittingDuck
RB58
iZap
Paulus
RebeccaOlds
GBS
User10571
139NI
Stuaff (meet at Winchester)
MacB (meet at Winchester)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Tim, I should be there in time. I will be getting a train from Orpington so will be at the Clock for 7am.
If you are there before that, would you be kind enough to get me a ticket and I will give you the dosh when I get there.

U

User10571

For some reason I already have tix for the 07:35 - so please don't include me in your groupsave calculations.

Tim, you have modified gps files on your work email - to include the Gomshall manoeuvre.

Top Bottom