Winchester to London 100mile Ride 2nd July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

deckertim

Ummm..... Groupsave only works in multiples of 3 or 4 passengers. You can't put 5 on one ticket.

3 for the price of two or, the more desirable, 4 for the price of 2.

Although I already have a ticket, I do have a network rail card which could plausibly be deployed on the day IYSWIM.

EDIT - Railcard cannot be used in conjunction with Groupsave.

I was going to buy tickets for 5 people and share the overall cost. I thought it would be fairer that way. But maybe we can use your railcard to get the one non-group save ticket, which would presumeably save a little cash. Thanks for the offer.

User10571, thanks also for updating the route to take us to the Compasses at Gomshall. People should be able to download this here.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/504400

Now the numbers are nearly finalised (still waiting confirmation from Davy Walnuts) I will give the Compasses a call to let them know to expect us sometime between 1 and 2pm.
Weather forecast looks good. Possibility of some showers but only light winds.

Alberto

Groupsave 4 for 5 people would be £17.58 each according to thetrainline. I also have a railcard so probably best to buy 4x groupsaver 4 plus 1 railcard. That way it's £15.59 each.

139NI

Oh the fun of being the organiser! In one of my earlier posts I had suggested that we should be trying for the 7.35 train, with the intention of us starting the ride in Winchester around 9.00am. So we need to meet at 7.25 at the latest so we can buy a groupsave. I hope this is OK. Ian can you get up in time? If we can't all get on this train there is another at 7.39 and another at 7:50.

So see you all at the clock inside the station at 7.25.

User10571 thanks for the suggestion of the coffee break. Great idea. 25-30 miles is my normal limit without some cake! We will be going very near the Greko Grill at the 28 mile point. I have checked and they are open on Saturday Morning.
http://maps.google.c...dB9yOjAfLrOzEBw

Up to date list. Based on what people have said so far. I will PM everyone just to get them to confirm.
DeckerTim
Ianrauk
Gregcollins
redjedi
Becs
DavyWalnuts
SittingDuck
RB58
iZap
Paulus
RebeccaOlds
GBS
User10571
139NI
Stuaff (meet at Winchester)
MacB (meet at Winchester)

DT

Thanks for having me on the ride.

In order not to waste money, please dont include me in the groupsaves / railcard combos.

See you at W/L under the clock at 7am or so.

Ride safely

W

OP
OP
D

deckertim

Weather forecast is variable. Metcheck is showing sun and showers, with very light easterly winds.
I am due in to Waterloo East at 7.09. Although, if I get up early enough I will be getting in half an hour earlier.

Meeting at London

Groupsave

Deckertim
Ianrauk
DavyWalnuts (Still not confirmed, if anyone has his phone number, can you text him.)
RB58
iZap
Alberto (railcard)

I hope I have got this right, but we can wait till everyone is here before we get the ticket. I suggest we get day returns in case anyone has to leave the ride (although strictly speaking, I don't think you can travel on your own on a groupsave.)

Own Tickets
User10571
139NI

We will aim to get the 7.35 train, arriving 8.37. Following Stuaff's suggestion we will meet at the main entrance (Swan Lane).

Joining at Winchester.
StuAff
MacB

See you Saturday. Tim

U

User10571

... (although strictly speaking, I don't think you can travel on your own on a groupsave.) ...

Correct.
The group has to travel together.
No one gets to disembark at a station prior to the destination.
Anything similar and not involving the entire group is equally frowned upon.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Hey peeps!

Not been online for a few days, been busy busy and trying to get my first 1000mile month done, which finally happened yesterday afternoon. Killed me but chuffed.

Ive just sent Tim an email but ive got to cancel, and the excuse is.. Ive just brought a Dawes Super Galaxy tourer, which I must admit, am still wetting myself over in excitement, but am picking it up tomorrow... and rules out this ride, which is a big shame.

Ill check over the details and see if I can somehow bump into you all in London at some stage, but will let you know..

See ya all soon!

David

iZaP

Über Member
Sorry guys, I've got to pull out as well :sad:

My boss told me today that I definitely have to work tomorrow...and he wasn't pleased with my argument that one days notice is not enough for me :sad:

Hey peeps!

Not been online for a few days, been busy busy and trying to get my first 1000mile month done, which finally happened yesterday afternoon. Killed me but chuffed.

Ive just sent Tim an email but ive got to cancel, and the excuse is.. Ive just brought a Dawes Super Galaxy tourer, which I must admit, am still wetting myself over in excitement, but am picking it up tomorrow... and rules out this ride, which is a big shame.

Ill check over the details and see if I can somehow bump into you all in London at some stage, but will let you know..

See ya all soon!

David

Are you going to bring your galaxy out on Sunday Dave? I'm picking mine up tomorrow too! Great minds hey?

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Are you going to bring your galaxy out on Sunday Dave? I'm picking mine up tomorrow too! Great minds hey?

Ohhhhhhh la laaa! I see!

Well, I think it would be rude not too... I need to make changes on it till when ill be happy, but, am sure I wont grumble too much till then, so yes, ill do my best..

Top Bottom