Winchester to London (Again) 25th August 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
But youre doing the suicidal stretch of the A4?? :wacko:
Will you give up going on about that! Have I ever got you killed yet?

martint235

Dog on a bike
I can't decide which socks to wear. If I wear Sealskinz and they don't get wet inside I'll have nice dry feet all night. If they do get wet inside, they'll never dry out and I'll have wet feet until I get home. Or I wear ordinary socks and they may get wet but they'll dry out. Hmm.

rb58

Enigma
I have a plan which worked well on the famous Emsworth deluge. Start with Seal Skins, then if they get wet inside (and it stops raining) whip put the dry pair of socks and two plastic bags from my back pocket. Dry socks under plastic bags = dry feet.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I have a plan which worked well on the famous Emsworth deluge. Start with Seal Skins, then if they get wet inside (and it stops raining) whip put the dry pair of socks and two plastic bags from my back pocket. Dry socks under plastic bags = dry feet.
I don't remember Emsworth being that wet. I did however have other things to worry about by the end of the ride which may have pushed it from my mind.

It's looking dry in SE London at the mo, might get away with it.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Well, it's absolutely p1551ng it down in Chesham at the mo, but I'm on my way. Anyone, or their cat, got a forecast for the rest of the night?

rb58

Enigma
Wet Charlie. It'll be wet! It's chucking it down in Bexley too, but the Met office says drying up (a bit) over night before showers return tomorrow for the return leg.
See you in a bit.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just finished tipping down here and is moving north... so you may all be ok.....for a while.
really peeved I am missing this... with new bike an' all.
God speed ya'll.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
In view of the forecasts (all agree wet and windy- and bear in mind that I was intending to ride to Winchester and back from Surrey, so all directions are bad for me!), I'm going to bail. Hope the weathermen have got it wrong for you!
Take care and have fun, I hope.

Top Bottom