Winchester to London (Again) 25th August 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Here you go Teef.
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1610663

From Croydon to central London is a simple as, well, a simple thing. I can direct you, but there are others going back to central London too.

Is there a reason for doing White Downs Lane?? Am prefering to be on the fixie so I will pass at this part and carry on the flatter option and meet you silly hill climbing lot outside Boxhill & West Humble station..

wanda2010

Guru
I might come and wave you guys off. I've not done a London night ride in a while :hello:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Is there a reason for doing White Downs Lane?? Am prefering to be on the fixie so I will pass at this part and carry on the flatter option and meet you silly hill climbing lot outside Boxhill & West Humble station..
I asked this a while back and it's because everyone is scared of the Dorking road.

rb58

Enigma
It's nicer than the A25 on a Saturday lunchtime. That stretch of A25 is narrow, yet fast with a several kick ups that slow cyclists down. I've ridden it several times and never felt safe.
Having said that, if there's been a lot of rain, you can get quite a lot of debris washing out onto White Downs which can make it 'entertaining' too!

The ride is scheduled to come down Chapel Lane - I went up that in torrential rain on an artistic return from Brighton once...not a happy bunnykins. Are you going to Croyditz afterwards Davy - I like heading for Epsom - the racecourse vista is immaculate and from there twiddle about to Kingston / Feltham and up the A312 for me, right for you. I'll see how I feel - if I can feel anything that is.:rolleyes:

rb58

Enigma
At the moment I'm just wandering down to the Arch, chat for a bit then wave you guys off and head back to Balham. Plans might change a bit when (if) I arrive :smile:
That'll be Winchester then.....

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
The ride is scheduled to come down Chapel Lane - I went up that in torrential rain on an artistic return from Brighton once...not a happy bunnykins. Are you going to Croyditz afterwards Davy - I like heading for Epsom - the racecourse vista is immaculate and from there twiddle about to Kingston / Feltham and up the A312 for me, right for you. I'll see how I feel - if I can feel anything that is.:rolleyes:

I was thinking about that as I dont mind, infact, ill be relishing getting up the zig zag on the fixie, but, if we head that way, we could stop off Brentford/Isleworth area, for beersies..? See how we feel tomorrow. My only time contraint is getting back to the dog for about half 6...

I was thinking about that as I dont mind, infact, ill be relishing getting up the zig zag on the fixie, but, if we head that way, we could stop off Brentford/Isleworth area, for beersies..? See how we feel tomorrow. My only time contraint is getting back to the dog for about half 6...
Why? Does the dog want to go for a beer, or are you taking it to the cinema? I realise a can of Chum and a drink of water is a cheap date, Davy, but that's plain ridiculous!

Top Bottom