Winchester to London (Again) 25th August 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
hi all

Martin has used his legendary powers of persuasion to suggest to me that i ought to join you for the outward and inward legs of this ride. (despite no longer sharing the same office, he's been using the old tactic of impugning my masculinity and calling me chicken until I agree)

So if it's OK with you all, I'll see you at HPC at 12:00 on Friday.

Look forward to seeing you chaps again.

Mark
Nice one Mark. See you there.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Great stuff, I was cycling on the A30 yesterday daytime.

I look forward to reading the reports as planning to do part of this route from A30 down to Winchester when I have more miles in my legs and lungs and probably in the day rather than night.

Have a good ride!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
In fact, was planning to do this route on Sunay with CoG et al but there's too few of us to get the most out of a good draft and I don't think my legs are able to handle the rolling terrain until I get a bit fitter.

martint235

Dog on a bike
In fact, was planning to do this route on Sunay with CoG et al but there's too few of us to get the most out of a good draft and I don't think my legs are able to handle the rolling terrain until I get a bit fitter.
Come on Grace, just meet us on Saturday morning in Basingstoke

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster

Depending on the time you are thinking off, Ill be your draft, till say about Camberley... if you're interested...

PpPete

Legendary Member
Expect to join you at Winchester Station, but will be peeling off at Arlesford as will be out celebrating my daughter's GCSE results Saturday lunchtime.
Seven A*, three A, one B

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Right, very, very, very final route to Winchester. I'm not changing it again. However on the night if any rider has a better way of getting out to the A30 I'm happy to follow them.

I've just looked over this.. I am wondering why you wish to attempt a suicide bid by using the A4 Cromwell Road to Chiswick and also your variation through Staines... *shakes head*.... Would you like me to lead you out to Egham Friday night?

rb58

Enigma
I've just looked over this.. I am wondering why you wish to attempt a suicide bid by using the A4 Cromwell Road to Chiswick and also your variation through Staines... *shakes head*.... Would you like me to lead you out to Egham Friday night?
I shall be following Martin. It sounds like he'd do well to follow you. Can you promise a kebab?

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I shall be following Martin. It sounds like he'd do well to follow you. Can you promise a kebab?

My local kebabay, with seating and toilet, will be open till 3am, so yeh, not a problem... Which is right near my office, with more toilets... then again, at that time of night, the world is our toilet... :whistle:

But my big worry, is the Cromwell Road, on a Friday night, is suicide....

martint235

Dog on a bike
My local kebabay, with seating and toilet, will be open till 3am, so yeh, not a problem... Which is right near my office, with more toilets... then again, at that time of night, the world is our toilet... :whistle:

But my big worry, is the Cromwell Road, on a Friday night, is suicide....
No it's not!! And anyway 'Teef kindly offered to lead us out to the A30.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Probably. Have you seen the size of him? :tongue:

They do veggie Kebabs?

Fine, be like that.. I do hope you have told swmbo that you plan to ride lelly down a three lane speeding death trap on a Friday night, when you will be surrounded by tipsy drivers and Addison Lee convoys....

Top Bottom