Windows 10?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It flashed up asking me to upgrade but I'm happy enough with 7

Leave it off really.

Its what 8 should have been. 7 and 10 are fine. 8 was a mess TBH. I do like how 10 still has the right mouse click options in addition to the raditional left clicks on the Windows button. Bit more integrated for those of us that are using 7 and 10 daily

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Leave it off really.

Its what 8 should have been. 7 and 10 are fine. 8 was a mess TBH. I do like how 10 still has the right mouse click options in addition to the raditional left clicks on the Windows button. Bit more integrated for those of us that are using 7 and 10 daily

Mrs Ian's laptop is 8. I HATE IT!

Houthakker

A Happy Wanderer
Did my laptop first from win 8.1 and no problems. A little later I did the PC from Win 7 and it actually cured a few problems I was having with it.
All good so far, although I did keep outlook on the PC as the mail client as we have a lot of accounts on there.

Davidc

Guru
After having 10 for a few days and finding out my scanner would not work as it is 5 years old I went back to 7, after all the updates I find that dam windows icon is back in the task bar I need to get shot of it.
There are some instructions around via Google. I've stopped it but for now have had to go to manually agreeing to updates.

The one that puts the program on which runs that window is KB3035583

Ciar

Veteran
So there is an option to go back to Win 7 then? Is that a time limited option (you say a month)?

yes it said a month to me, strangely enough win 10 lasted just 3 days and was rolled back, really stuttery and slow to do anything compared to my current OS, probably down the PC's age but i think i shall just apply the usual strategy, wait a couple of years and see how they improve win 10, been using that strategy since win 95 and it's worked a treat :smile:

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
yes it said a month to me, strangely enough win 10 lasted just 3 days and was rolled back, really stuttery and slow to do anything compared to my current OS, probably down the PC's age but i think i shall just apply the usual strategy, wait a couple of years and see how they improve win 10, been using that strategy since win 95 and it's worked a treat :smile:
I think I'll clone my disc with my OS (win 7) before I download/install win 10 - then I can go back under my own control.

Top Bottom